Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fainting

(9 Posts)
Inwaiting Sat 13-Feb-16 14:37:00

Hi ladies (and any men)

I just wondered if you could give me any advice in feeling faint. I passed out a couple of weeks ago whilst walking the dog. I put it down to that I hadn't ate anything.

Yesterday and today I've had exactly the same thing and I made sure that I ate before I went. It wasn't anything strenuous my heart rate wasn't elevated. All of a sudden I was dizzy, blurry vision, felt loads of pressure down below, kept yawning and out of breath. Next thing I know I'm on the floor.

It's happened twice in two days. I've looked in books and on NHS website and it says it's really common. Is there anything I can do to avoid it? Should I speak to my midwife about it?

I really want to carry on walking but anything past 15 minutes and I'm feeling terrible. I'm 21 weeks

Cnmorgan13 Sat 13-Feb-16 16:06:30

Water. Dehydration can make you faint. Lots and lots of water.... And a toilet nearby lol

Junosmum Sat 13-Feb-16 18:17:39

caused by low blood pressure which is very common iin pregnancy. Low blood pressure is exacerbated by dehydration and low electrolytes. Drink plenty, add salt to food and mention it to your midwife next visit.

Inwaiting Sat 13-Feb-16 18:31:22

I do tend to drink at least 3-4 litres of water per day. Can I use any electrolytes ? Are there any pregnancy friendly ones? Xxx

Inwaiting Sat 13-Feb-16 18:32:02

Sorry forgot to add thanks for your advice

My next midwife appointment is mid March do you think I should contact her as they are quite frequent? Or just deal with it and see xxx

milkyman Sat 13-Feb-16 18:47:14

Could your iron levels be low?

milkyman Sat 13-Feb-16 18:48:04

I would ask for a blood test - the symptons you describe were like mine - aneamia

milkyman Sat 13-Feb-16 18:50:31

Try Spatone drink - from Boots

goodnightdarthvader1 Sat 13-Feb-16 19:16:01

Second milky - get your iron levels checked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now