Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm just so unbelievably tired - where you tired in early pregnancy?

(29 Posts)
Olbersparadox Thu 11-Feb-16 23:16:23

So DH and I decided we are going to start trying for DC3 in a couple of months but we've been practising and now I think I may be pregnant. I usually get very exhausted at the time of missing my period.

Last week I was falling asleep while typing at work or while sitting and doing some work. I just can't seem to keep my eyes open long enough. I've also developed some headaches and bloating and I guess what feels like period pains (I hardly ever notice my period arriving).

I have negative pregnancy test - but may be too early.

How tired were you and did you have any other significant early pregnancy symptoms?

Olbersparadox Thu 11-Feb-16 23:17:15

were*

Bluecarrot Thu 11-Feb-16 23:41:22

I'm about 5 weeks pregnant and def feel more tired. By 1pm I can barely keep my eyes open and have resorted to cuddling on sofa with toddler for just a few mins shut eye.
I did cut out caffeine altogether once I tested positive so that could also be a part of it!
I got an early positive from a super drug test with previous pregnancy so they might be worth a try if you would be expecting period in next 3-4 days?

Bluecarrot Thu 11-Feb-16 23:42:24

And reading other comments in the October antenatal club thread, all your symptoms sound normal ( but could also be just coincidence!)

CityMole Thu 11-Feb-16 23:46:00

I didn't feel tired until I was about 5 or 6 weeks. Argh, the agony of waiting to test! When are you due?

Paddletonio Thu 11-Feb-16 23:46:09

Ridiculous tiredness def a thing in early preg but I only had around 6-7 weeks not appoint of missing period, though may be different for each person

nearlyhellokitty Thu 11-Feb-16 23:46:12

Yup. In fact that's how I guessed I was pregnant with #2

Xmasbaby11 Thu 11-Feb-16 23:48:00

Bone shatteringly tired immediately until 12 weeks. Jet lag and hangover combined.

Fingers crossed for you!

Olbersparadox Fri 12-Feb-16 02:26:59

My period is a few days late and I have been tired with dc1 and 2 but sleeping at work is a new thing. I'm just wondering if it's just taking it's time to come this month or if I've become irregular without knowing. I will have to test by end of next week. By then I will be nearly 2 weeks late.

I need to be at work for the next 5 months at least - I can't be this exhausted.

sizethree Fri 12-Feb-16 08:40:28

I was so exhausted in the first trimester I'd come home on my lunch break for a nap. So lucky I live close to my work. I couldn't have got through the days without it.

Olbersparadox Fri 12-Feb-16 09:17:17

We'll see what next week brings. I think going home for a nap may be the best idea.

sleepanywhere Fri 12-Feb-16 20:42:49

I'm 4 weeks pregnant and crashingly tired. Poor DH has been doing everything.

fruityb Fri 12-Feb-16 20:45:00

It's just worn off and I'm 12 weeks now. Went from about 5 to 11 weeks needing a nap almost daily. Or going to bed at 9 and sleeping right through. I'm just feeling normal again!

acsec Fri 12-Feb-16 20:46:35

I am ALL of the tired! And the new trend of waking at 3am for a wee isn't helping!

absolutelynotfabulous Fri 12-Feb-16 20:52:44

Absolutely knackered! I'd get in from work and couldn't stand up. Towards the end (long hours, knackering job, on feet all the time) I don't know how I managed to drive home, and would literally collapse on the sofa.

Good luck to yougrin.

thenightsky Fri 12-Feb-16 21:22:07

knackered before I even tested positive.

I got to know I was pregnant within DAYS by the crushing tiredness, ability to sleep anywhere anytime and overwhelming thirst.

iwasyoungonce Fri 12-Feb-16 21:24:51

I remember nodding off in the car one afternoon when my DH went into a shop, and I couldn't understand why I was SOOOOO tired. Literally couldn't keep my eyes open. Found out just a few days later I was pg. So definitely can be a very early symptom.

DramaAlpaca Fri 12-Feb-16 21:25:18

With each pregnancy I was utterly exhausted between about 9 & 13 weeks.

heavenlypink Fri 12-Feb-16 21:29:02

Many many years ago for me but yes - extreme tiredness, sore boobs and nausea all showed up before a positive test!

WhoHasACrystalBall Fri 12-Feb-16 21:32:52

It's to do with your body adjusting to the increased blood volume I think

suz1rr Fri 12-Feb-16 21:59:46

From 5 weeks until 12 weeks I was absolutely knackered every day, was very strange for me as normally in bed late and up early each day, I cope very well on 6 hours sleep usually, and during those weeks I'd be in bed about 9pm each night, and at weekends when I wasn't working, I'd often have 2 naps during the day! Thankfully it passed and now I'm 22 weeks, I feel normal again. smile

Luckygirlcharlie Fri 12-Feb-16 22:47:37

Yes both times. It's a tiredness that you cannot explain to anyone who hasn't been pregnant! Slept 20 hours and woke up feeling like i hadn't slept at all. Also how I knew early that I was pg the second time. it's come back for me at 36 wks. Ugh.

Luckygirlcharlie Fri 12-Feb-16 22:52:40

Meant 10 hours - but 20 wouldn't have made any difference!

RoobyTuesday Sat 13-Feb-16 06:41:41

Yes! With ds3 I was so tired for the first few weeks there were times I wanted to pull over in the car to have a nap (I managed not to) and would sit in my office at work desperately trying to stay awake. I also had a terribly flat mood and just felt really miserable. At 10 weeks it all just stopped though and I suddenly felt full of energy and my mood lifted completely.

Afreshstartplease Sat 13-Feb-16 06:46:39

I'm five weeks with DC4

I'm not any more tired than usual TBH, I'm always tired though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now