Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

27 weeks pregnant and already ridiculously uncomfortable?!

(7 Posts)
whynogutfeeling Thu 11-Feb-16 19:06:45

I feel like I have no space at all between my bump and my boobs. The underband of my bra cuts in and folds over all the time. My maternity clothes are crap, jeans especially. They fall down all the time and one pair manages to simultaneously dig in while falling down...! I could scream, if I could breathe more easily that is. (Much wanted second baby after previous losses and feel guilty moaning like this.....)

HumphreyCobblers Thu 11-Feb-16 19:20:35

you might get more comfortable again when the baby changes position? I spent one beach holiday feeling HIDEOUSLY uncomfortable, needing a wee every ten minutes, braxton hicks that made me feel as if someone was pinching me really hard and walking was painful. On they way home I felt him shift completely and I got out of the car at home feeling fine.

Impatientwino Thu 11-Feb-16 19:21:30

I felt that way around 25 weeks with dc2. It did ease off and I've felt pretty ok until now (36 weeks)

I bought a bra extender and lived in maternity leggings for a while. I also bought a couple of crop tops for when I'm at home and they give ok support (I'm a 34-36F ish currently)

I found drinking more fluids left me feeling less bloated and constipated and that made me feel much better too!

I definitely felt more comfortable at 30 weeks than I did at 25!

Don't feel bad about moaning, for me this is a much wanted baby too after a horrible loss but sometimes I feel a bit sorry for myself when I'm tired and uncomfortable and DS wants me to crawl on the floor again to play dinosaurs! It's natural!

Hope you get more comfy soon thanks

ispymincepie Thu 11-Feb-16 21:29:33

I totally sympathise. I've been feeling nine months pregnant since about 25weeks, now 29weeks. My bump is huge! Pelvic pain, ligament pain, constantly needing a wee, feeling breathless, hideous heartburn, struggling to get out of bed, bath, car etc.... I can't see how I can get much bigger but I have 11 weeks to go, maybe more!

skankingpiglet Thu 11-Feb-16 21:33:54

I agree with Humphrey, it's all about the positioning. I was really uncomfortable from around where you are now until the surgeon pulled DD out. She was breech and her head and feet were wedged under the RHS of my ribcage. Driving was particularly horrible. My midwife assured me that head down is much more comfortable.
Here's to hoping this baby is a little more compliant and kind.

Poppins27 Thu 11-Feb-16 21:41:29

You have my sympathies, I am currently 36 weeks pregnant and have been moaning since 27 weeks at how uncomfortable life is!!

I would like to introduce you to my favourite purchase recently

http://m.direct.asda.com/george/womens/lingerie/strappy-lace-trim-comfort-bra/G004469163,default,pd.html

I am neither a granny or a nun but my word this has been the best buy by far!!

I was sick of having my pants cutting in, then tights, then trousers/skirt, then bra whether wired or underwired....this delightful bra top is a delight!! Hope it helps smile

wonkylegs Thu 11-Feb-16 21:42:02

I'm 27 wks and feel your pain.
My boobs are now up from a 28ee to a 32g/h and seem to weigh a ton and my bump is huge - I suspect being a shortarse doesn't help the proportion of me to bump!
I've only got to get to 39wks as I'm having a section but it feels like way too long away.
I hoping that seeing baby tomorrow at a scan will remind me why it's all worth it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now