Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

it's my due date today!

(13 Posts)
pinkmallow Thu 11-Feb-16 09:30:42

Eek so excited! Would be nice if baby came today but know it doesn't work like that

LabradorMama Thu 11-Feb-16 09:36:33

Congratulations! You've (almost) made it!

Sorry to bring you down but I went a week over. The midwife tried to push me into a sweep, induction etc but I didn't want any of this and was happy to let nature take its course. Make sure you are aware of your options and know what you want, to avoid being pushed into anything you're not really comfortable with.

Not long now! flowers

pinkmallow Thu 11-Feb-16 09:53:59

Thank you smile it's ok I'm aware there's a good chance I'll go overdue. Have my 40 wk appointment with the midwife today and am having a sweep

PennyHasNoSurname Thu 11-Feb-16 09:59:10

Good luck and at least you know its now a maximum of 14days!

I only know of one baby born on their due date, but many born 2/3 days late so it could all happen very soon

sepa Thu 11-Feb-16 10:00:38

Good luck!!
Maybe your bubs will be behaved and start an appearance today flowers

pinkmallow Thu 11-Feb-16 10:32:37

Thanks everyone. Was getting period type pains last night but thy have gone now

Imnotaslimjim Thu 11-Feb-16 10:40:17

How exciting! I loved reaching my due date, it meant I'd have my baby with me in n longer than 2 weeks. Hope baby joins you soon

Becciilouisex3 Thu 11-Feb-16 23:47:49

Ooh just seen this! I bet you can't wait for baby to be here now! Good luck and I'm sure it won't be long until you have your healthy little baba in your arms! smile

CityMole Thu 11-Feb-16 23:50:19

Happy due date! Is this your first? I hope the baby shows its face for you soon!

pinkmallow Fri 12-Feb-16 12:51:01

Thank you, yes 1st baby. Midwife is convinced baby will be here before the weekend is over!

AmyLouKin Fri 12-Feb-16 21:21:33

Good luck! I hope it arrives soon. I'm now 39 weeks and playing the waiting game too! I hope the midwife is right and baby makes an appearance this weekend.

goodnightdarthvader1 Fri 12-Feb-16 21:58:22

Mine is tomorrow! About to try sleeping upright on the sofa as I can't take another night tossing and turning like an upturned tortoise sad

WombOfOnesOwn Fri 12-Feb-16 23:13:33

The one woman I know who had her baby on her due date -- at noon, no less! -- was a statistician. She refers to the baby as her little statistical anomaly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now