Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

what can I take for a stinking cold

(5 Posts)
keleigh1989 Wed 10-Feb-16 09:37:35

I am 6 weeks pregnant and woken up with a stinking cold, I feel hot cold shivery and ache all over as well as the usual snotty nose and Flem symptoms - what can I take/do to relieve the symptoms and make me sleep/feel better ??

Sunbeam1112 Wed 10-Feb-16 09:48:42

Paracetomal and cough medicine check first theres no paracetmol in the cough syrup as you don't want to take double dose. Try vix vapour rub,mentol crystals with hot water and one of those nasal inhalers. Warm lemonade aswell helps aswell. Other than that theres jot alot you can take.

Sanch1 Wed 10-Feb-16 09:51:08

I was nothing! No vicks, no inhalers, no cough medicine. Only paracetomol and no medical things such as steam, honey and lemon etc. Hope you feel better soon.

tinyme135 Wed 10-Feb-16 10:28:35

you can have honey and lemon cough syrup. I had it when I was pregnant and I also work in a pharmacy and I give it to pregnant ladies too.

keleigh1989 Wed 10-Feb-16 11:11:34

I wouldn't mind but I only had a sore throat 2 weeks ago sad
Now it's a full blown stinker cold x
thanks everyone! Will have a nice soak in bath and curl up I think!
Work can cope without me for 1 day smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now