Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

It's the small things... (TMI)

(15 Posts)
Marquand Wed 10-Feb-16 08:49:34

Today is looking up after I had a decent poo nice cup of coffee when I got to work. I've been SO constipated and uncomfortable thirsty.

Thanks & sorry.

Pagetta Wed 10-Feb-16 08:57:47

gringringringringringrin
ha ha ha i am totally with you - i suffer from the same - am away with work and the hotel coffee is like rocket fuel. Did the trick. Feeling much better!!! wink

TheFlyingFauxPas Wed 10-Feb-16 09:07:47

Ooh I remember the constipation. And the extreme tiredness so not up to putting the hard work in in the bathroom 😉 prunes, apricots everything. Nothing would shift it! I'm. Not pg now (ds is 13) I have realised that if I miss a day it's even harder to go the next so I do try to go if I. Can!
Well done. Feeling your joy 😊

AmyLouKin Wed 10-Feb-16 11:08:04

Please go to the GP and get some Movicol. I suffered all pregnancy (now 38 wks) with the same thing and only asked the GP for it when I had to take iron tablets too! It really, really helps! Wish I'd done it months ago! 😉 Good luck ladies.

missybct Wed 10-Feb-16 11:14:21

Mine has been bizarre - I normally suffer from constipation off and on, but the last week all I've been stupidly regular as if my metabolic rate is screaming through the food I'm eating.

My last pregnancy (didn't go full term) I was backed up for a good week at this stage (6 weeks).

Mslg Wed 10-Feb-16 11:29:15

The relief is incredible when you're very badly constipated 💩 I'm usually very regular, so it's been really hard having nothing then just straining for pebbles confused Lactulose, Fybogel and shreddies all helped me.

cheapredwine Thu 11-Feb-16 07:23:27

Only took fucking iron tablets for 2 days last week (they're now in a drawer) and the effects were horrible, made me feel really ill. And can I poo yet? Can I fuck. Pathetic hard pebbles is the best I've managed. Even Movicol hasn't really helped. Starting to despair. Anyone taken more than 2 Movicol sachets a day? And is it worth asking otc for glycerin suppositories? Only snag there is am still on Cyclogest which need to be put up the back...

MadrigalElectromotive Thu 11-Feb-16 11:20:22

Urgh. Pebble poo is one of the most annoying aspects of pregnancy. Well done on your good poo OP! grin

Jenjen85 Thu 11-Feb-16 14:34:38

Very jealous as iv struggled for the past couple of days Iv had 2 movicol sachets this morning and also just eaten 5 sticks of licorice shock hoping it helps lol cheapredwine you can take up to 4 a day if your really bad

TriJo Thu 11-Feb-16 15:22:06

Knew this was going to be a poo thread without even clicking on it.

I've been abusing my mild lactose intolerance to keep things moving - an amount of milk which would have sent my bowels into overdrive before now makes things move somewhat normally. blush

cheapredwine Thu 11-Feb-16 18:28:23

A week of x2 Movicol / day have just come good. RELIEF. Thanks jenjen that's really good to know. And hadn't thought of liquorice.

Jenjen85 Thu 11-Feb-16 19:37:36

Glad the movicol did the trick grin Yeah if it's really bad start with 4 sachets then work down to 2 but I'm sure 4 in one go would shift anything grin I managed to go before but have a very sore bum (sorry tmi) now blush

cheapredwine Thu 11-Feb-16 21:16:13

Yep jenjen sore bum here too, but not quite piles I don't think. Yet. Heartily recommend wet wipes!

whatsoever Thu 11-Feb-16 22:40:27

I can honestly work out the best and worst days of this pregnancy by recentness of having had a decent poo.

PeppaPigStinks Fri 12-Feb-16 18:50:47

I got the oh to get glycerin suppositories. They worked

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now