Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain when walking - it's just stitch, right?

(10 Posts)
StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Wed 10-Feb-16 07:15:57

I've been getting a stitch like pain in my bump when I'm walking. It's always in the same place. If I wasn't pregnant, I wouldn't think anything of it - it's exactly like 'stitch'. I never get the pain at any other time. I'm 23 weeks.
Is it just stitch?

KP86 Wed 10-Feb-16 07:47:28

It's probably your ligaments stretching. It should calm down in a few weeks. I had the same thing at around 19 weeks.

Your description of a stitch is spot on!

HJBeans Wed 10-Feb-16 10:22:54

Yep - I had just the same thing about that time. Eased up loads as the bump got bigger.

HayleyAnn88 Wed 10-Feb-16 10:25:11

I've been getting exactly the same thing for a few weeks now (I'm 25 weeks). Just ligaments stretching smile.

Everythinggettingbigger Wed 10-Feb-16 10:58:36

Im usually quite an active person but been that exhausted I've been quite lazy compared to my usual self! I went for a walk on Sunday and had what I could only describe as a "stitch" the whole time! Im 25 weeks!

glad im not alone!

Jemimapuddleduk Wed 10-Feb-16 11:03:59

I got bad stitches when walking with both pregnancies in the later stages. It's normal and nothing to worry about. Do check with your midwife if you are concerned.

mamaneedsamojito Wed 10-Feb-16 11:04:38

I had the exact same feeling at the exact same time (23 weeks). It was round ligament pain. I just took little breaks when I need to and found it had gone by about week 26.

GenevaJoey Wed 10-Feb-16 11:11:09

I'm also 23-34 weeks, and I've been getting that the last couple of weeks. That with the numb/hot/tingling thighs, I've had since 12 weeks, and more recently a deeper pelvic ache, I am not enjoying walking very much.

I mentioned it to my doctor when I say him, and he didn't seem very concerned (it is not excruciating, just like a stitch), and is very adamant that I keep moving regardless, and has prescribed me some magnesium supplements as he thought they might help.

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Wed 10-Feb-16 18:52:39

Thanks everyone.

cheapredwine Thu 11-Feb-16 07:13:41

I've had this on and off recently too - am 19 weeks today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now