Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

35 weeks

(7 Posts)
Niicol90 Mon 08-Feb-16 20:07:12

I'm very confused as I keep reading and hearing different things ! My babies movements have slowed down over the last two days I'm barley feeling him move I'm 35 weeks pregnant ! But I can hear his heartbeat and it's fine and healthy and I think he's now engaged as his legs are near my ribs now ! Are movements suppose to slow down!? I got told yes and no and I've been told to go get seen by the hospital but I've been. 4 times previously for reduced movements and the little bug was fine just comfy please help x

Dixiechick17 Mon 08-Feb-16 20:13:11

It is a complete myth that movement reduce towards the end, count the kicks website confirms this. You should also not go by a home doppler and you are not trained to spot any anomalies, and the heart rate is the last thing to be affected. If you are experiencing reduced movement get down to your triage unit and get monitored. Better to be monitored 100 times than ignore it, midwives themselves would much rather check you out.

Dixiechick17 Mon 08-Feb-16 20:14:13

Apologies for typos, meant to say "as you are not trained"

Inwaiting Mon 08-Feb-16 21:17:16

go and get checked out

sepa Mon 08-Feb-16 21:40:04

I'm 35 weeks and my movement hasn't reduced. I would get it checked.
Like others have said the heartbeat would be the last thing to change

LilyRose16 Tue 09-Feb-16 11:08:09

Just over 36 weeks and my movements have definitely not slowed or stopped. I saw my midwife this morning and she was adamant that if anything at all changes with movements to phone the labour ward straight away, she said they'd rather hear from you 100 times than the alternative. Home doppler use is not an indication that all is well, please phone the hospital.

AmyLouKin Tue 09-Feb-16 11:23:28

Have the movements actually slowed/reduced or is it just that baby can't make such big movements, now it's bigger! I found that from about 35 weeks onwards, baby had dropped and I felt the kicks more but less squirming around as it was running out of room! I'm now 38 weeks and the movements feel stronger (and a bit painful at times) but it's mainly kicks and punches rather than whole body rolls and wiggles! Just wondered if it could be the same with you OP. Good luck. Hope this helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now