Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby milk

(7 Posts)
Brunette28 Mon 08-Feb-16 14:29:33

Hi just want your opinions on something. I'm planning on bottle feeding and have been wondering whether to stock up and get a few boxes before the baby arrives. Only thing is with my first, he never took to sma what I first tried him on so I had to change to cow and gate. Just wondering if anyone has any advice PLS?

gunting Mon 08-Feb-16 14:36:15

Don't stock up, you won't know if your baby has any allergies or intolerances until they arrive

sepa Mon 08-Feb-16 14:38:51

I would lean towards not stocking up and instead work out how much you would spend (say £5 a week until baby is here) and just keep that somewhere safe to buy the milk. I probably wouldn't even get 1 of each brand because this could upset baby?
I'm no expert though as I'm currently carrying DC1 so I don't have experience with milk

frangipani13 Mon 08-Feb-16 14:46:29

You could always get a box of the ready made cartons or bottles that come with sterilized teats

zannyminxoxox Mon 08-Feb-16 15:00:26

Dont stock up we did that with our first daughter on sma gold 5 tins she ended up on aptimel hungry baby luckily they let us swap but some places don't and we brought apitmel normal only 1 tin for our boy and he ended up on sma gold. I have no clue what to get this baby

NewBallsPlease00 Mon 08-Feb-16 15:05:21

Well I have a baby with cmpa so am still feeding at 4 months as formula would need to be prescription only, had I done things as expected I would face already switched to formula and bought aptimal in advance so a waste of cash on all fronts!

Brunette28 Mon 08-Feb-16 15:13:21

Ok so no stocking up then grin I thought as much...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now