Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Lower back ache at 7w

(6 Posts)
QueenMolotov Mon 08-Feb-16 11:05:24

I'm about 7+1 with dc3. For the last couple of days, I've been having painful lower back ache (particularly my left side). I haven't bled and have not any tummy cramps.

I think I may have strained my back by doing usual things (housework, lifting, bending, that sort of thing) as it really hurts if I bend and improves when I rest. I wondered if my body is already producing the hormones that make the ligaments soften? Does anyone know? Would this being my 3rd pg make a difference?

TIA

goodnightdarthvader1 Mon 08-Feb-16 11:36:25

I had horrible lower back ache early on. I went to a yoga class, did a lot of bouncing on an exercise ball - both helped.

Yes, I think relaxin is produced from the start, which is why SPD can strike early. Do some gentle exercises, it should improve.

CwtchyQ Mon 08-Feb-16 11:37:49

Sounds pretty normal I think! Just take it as easy as you can. Congratulations flowers

QueenMolotov Mon 08-Feb-16 12:40:33

Thank-you both for replying smile

Pregnancy yoga it is for me!

Luckygirlcharlie Mon 08-Feb-16 16:35:40

Had that with first pregnancy at about 5 weeks - it was sooooo painful. Had to stick a hot water bottle down the back of my pjs! Healthy pregnancy and baby.

Northernlight22 Mon 08-Feb-16 17:03:11

I've had it this time, currently 5 weeks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now