Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Induction Anxiety

(7 Posts)
NotSpeaking Fri 05-Feb-16 17:13:37

So just booked my induction. It's for the 13th. However, it's my daughters bday on the 14th so I said I want it the week after. Like the 16th instead.
My midwife has said they can't force you to get induced. If I refuse induction and wait a couple of days I can do this can't I??

MiddleClassProblem Fri 05-Feb-16 17:17:29

Of course you can. They're not going to come after you, take you to hospital and strap you down. Change it for your own piece of mind and cross your legs over DD's birthday flowers

MiddleClassProblem Fri 05-Feb-16 17:19:02

Also there are some that will say you don't have to be induced at all if you don't want to so moving it definitely isn't a prob. As long as you and the baby are both well

NotSpeaking Fri 05-Feb-16 17:26:39

Thanks. I'll go in and make sure baby is ok but I'm telling them I'm going to wait a few days more

MiddleClassProblem Fri 05-Feb-16 17:28:01

You'll have a midwife appointment or two anyway but your body, your baby, your rights

MiddleClassProblem Fri 05-Feb-16 17:29:24

Also good luck and hope DD has a lovely birthday!

NotSpeaking Fri 05-Feb-16 17:35:36

This is my third baby! Was induced with 1st but natural with 2nd. Hopefully I will go into labour on my own but just want to make sure I know my rights. Thanks so much smile put my mind at rest

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now