Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tiredness/Fatigue

(10 Posts)
climbingcheesecake Fri 05-Feb-16 16:31:44

I am in the very early stages of pregnancy (6 weeks) and I am so tired, I can hardly do anything.
I am normally very active and will do something sporty most days, but at the moment by midday, I am ready for a nap! I haven't been able to keep up my routine, which is fine as I accept I have to cool down a bit, but I am finding it hard to get the motivation to do anything.
Is this normal? I don't know if I should be pushing myself to do more, or whether I should accept that I need to rest?
Is anyone suffering from something similar?

Champagneformyrealfriends Fri 05-Feb-16 16:47:28

Totally normal. Rest-your body is working very hard at the moment. I found my fatigue worse in the second trimester but everybody is different! Congratulations flowers

cheekstime Fri 05-Feb-16 16:49:01

Hi - Yes totally normal, well it was for me. I would be sitting having a snack on sofa, then I would wake up with my head right back on the rest bit. I'd been asleep at a drop of a hat for quite a while too was very unlike me.

I found it got better the longer pregs wen ton for. I also had low grade nausea 24/7 for the time I had the tiredness. So I used to try and snack but then send me to sleep. Found it exhausting eatign big meals.

Congratulations! All best as weeks go on x

PurplePotatoes Fri 05-Feb-16 16:52:10

I am 6 weeks too and am exactly the same, I'm really struggling to function most days and feeling sick from getting up to going to bed every day isn't helping. It's awful isn't it!
I have a 2 year old DD and didn't feel at all like this when I was pregnant last time confused

cheekstime Fri 05-Feb-16 16:53:37

should have said - yes accept you need to rest....listen to your body is as important as ever...byeee x

climbingcheesecake Fri 05-Feb-16 17:04:52

Thanks for the reassuring comments.
I am finding it frustrating because I want to keep training and exercising but I feel so lazy. I have to keep making up excuses to the people that I train with and I hate that.
I work from home, and I don't feel like I have got any work done for two weeks!
I hope I don't sound ungrateful, because I am so pleased to be expecting. I just didn't expect my life to change so quickly and so soon. I thought I would have a few months of pregnancy to wind down.

Junosmum Fri 05-Feb-16 17:25:08

Rest, rest, rest. you need it. Your body is saying you need ot.

sophied1983 Sat 06-Feb-16 08:24:02

I am usually at the gym at 7am 3 times a week but I am absolutely wiped out.

I have cancelled my membership and opted for a pregnancy exercise DVD instead.

I am fast asleep by 9pm most nights now!

Try and squeeze in some walks during the day.

eurochick Sat 06-Feb-16 08:44:16

You are growing a person and a new organ (placenta). Listen to your body and rest if it needs you to.

icklekid Sat 06-Feb-16 08:50:48

You do need to rest but with my first pregnancy I was still at the gym 3 times a week at 37 weeks. Doing little bits does give you more energy but just don't go all out for a full hour workout. I'm pregnant with dc2 at the moment (1st trimester) and suffering from Hyperemesis ontop of exhaustion but hoping to feel up for a jog soon...if I can keep some food down!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now