Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

baby hiccups stopping

(4 Posts)
MidnightRun Fri 05-Feb-16 09:20:11

Posted this on a thread I'm on already but thought I'd ask some mums out there!
I'm in my 37th week of pregnancy and just noticed my baby hasn't had hiccups in the last couple of days. She usually has them 4-5 times a day with them being extremely strong at night time. Movements totally normal and no change there.

Anyone else experience this?

Murphyslaw21 Fri 05-Feb-16 09:27:14

I had this from 6 months pregnant. At least 5 times a day and always at night.

Baby ended up being a hiccuping baby. Still 8 months old and st least twice a day

RNBrie Fri 05-Feb-16 09:29:51

I think there is a peak time for hiccups, so totally normal for them to have them a lot and then stop. I can't really remember but it's something to do with lung development or breathing practice or something (there is a chance I'm making that up completey!)

As long as movement is normal, I wouldn't worry at all.

MidnightRun Fri 05-Feb-16 10:05:29

Yeah movements are reassuringly normal.. I'm currently getting a foot in the ribs so no worries there.

It's funny, when she was always getting the hiccups I hated them but now Iv not felt them for a couple of days I miss them like crazy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now