Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First Scan

(7 Posts)
ECBGB Thu 04-Feb-16 10:29:04

Hi Everyone,

Have my first scan on Saturday, very nervous that there will be nothing there despite loads of symptoms. Did anyone else experience this?

ParsnipSoup Thu 04-Feb-16 10:39:09

I think a lot of people feel like this. I was actually stunned when they put the probe on and there was a tiny baby in there. In fact even now feeling kicks I can't really believe I'm growing a tiny person inside me!!

Good luck on Saturday!

blessedwithtwo Thu 04-Feb-16 10:43:49

Oh yes! I still feel like that now and I am 18+4 with twins! Its amazing to see your baby bounce around but not feel anything.

My morning sickness was horrific but I was still questioning if I was pregnant or not. It's very surreal!

Congratulations smile x

cheekstime Thu 04-Feb-16 11:16:00

Hi - Yes I was very nervous on lead up to first scan. You have this odd thought that your body has somehow made it disappear. I thought also there would be quite a build up i.e having a job finding it with the scan but to my amazement, the moment she pulled the device across it showed up straight away. I won't tell you anymore as nice to find out for yourself. Goodluck!! try not to let the nerves get the better on you before then. I told myself odds are in favour of good news. Too add, I found my scanner lady to be warm but very professional, I did feel I was in good hands, lead up and when I met her I was prepared for anything, so good news was great, it will be a relief you know whats going on. All best ECBGB

charlottexox Thu 04-Feb-16 13:43:35

I am going through the exact same thing as you! I was literally about to make a post about this.
My first scan is on Monday and I am also dreading it in a way, but also excited. Good luck! I am sure everything will be OK smile

londonrach Thu 04-Feb-16 13:50:23

Yes. Almost 15 weeks now. By at my first scan i really didnt think anything was there. In fact i told the lady i doubt there was anything there. She smile and said there was and then turned the screen on. The baby was moving, waving and looked amazing! Dh cried and didnt take his eyes off that screen for the rest of the appt. its amazing what you can see and its so clear. My baby i think had hiccups and kept moving but was told that normal movement. I wish id videoed it moving although i doubt they let you. Bring money as they print the photo off and we were unaware you needed to pay for it. Had a celebationally chocolate cake in the cafe afterwards whilst trying to send the photo to my dsis. Congratulations by the way. Still feels unreal but looking at the photos i know its real now!

DontKillMyVibe Thu 04-Feb-16 19:55:41

Entirely normal OP. I was a nervous anxious wreck before first scan - was utterly convinced I would've been receiving bad news despite there being no logical reason for me needing to think this. The midwife asked me beforehand if I was excited and I replied 'No. I'm just sick with fear'.

Felt like a weight had lifted afterwards and I feel much more relaxed now (14 weeks).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now