Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Awful abdominal cramps at 9 weeks

(6 Posts)
Shanster Tue 02-Feb-16 13:11:24

I've been up all night after having terrible diarrhea and severe cramps. It feels like early labour. I'm not bleeding but feel terrible. I'm afraid I'm having a miscarriage - I took a sick day from work today, something I have not done in years. Do I just have to wait it out?

Iwonderif Tue 02-Feb-16 14:46:37

Why not call your EPU at your hospital? See if they can help. So sorry. I have zero experience of what you're going through but don't like to read and run. flowers

Epilepsyhelp Tue 02-Feb-16 14:57:05

Could it just be food poisoning? Are you sure the cramps are uterine?

Shanster Tue 02-Feb-16 15:15:22

It could be food poisoning. Its hard to distinguish between uterine cramps and an upset tummy. I just feel awful, I couldn't even manage to take my youngest to nursery this morning. Then I googled 'miscarriage symptoms' (big mistake I know). I'm in the US, so called my OB and am waiting for a call back now.

Epilepsyhelp Tue 02-Feb-16 16:45:46

I don't think diahorrea is a miscarriage sign. It can be a risk if you don't stay dehydrated but as you're not bleeding and you do have diahorrea i'd think it will be an upset stomach.

Glad you are getting checked out flowers

Shanster Tue 02-Feb-16 16:50:38

Thanks all, the doctor called back and said its probably just irritation in the bowel, to take imodium and Gas-X but call back if I start to bleed. I feel a bit stupid now, panic set in, I'm normally very level headed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now