Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

surely I can't be...?

(8 Posts)
SashaFierce99 Mon 01-Feb-16 21:53:56

I'm breastfeeding my baby but she's recently cut down to night times only, occasionally with one afternoon feed. Last week I had stomach cramps on and off so I guessed my period may be returning (haven't had any since I fell pregnant with her) but it didn't. DP and I had sex on Thursday. Today I have snot like cervical mucus which I had as one of my first signs of pregnancy with my other children, the odd cramp and consistent lower back pain.

I appreciate that obviously any time you have sex you could get pregnant but surely it's highly unlikely to be in this case and to show symptoms so soon? We haven't had sex for months before this blush

Roseberrry Mon 01-Feb-16 21:55:51

Are you using protection?
I get that goo when I am ovulating, could it be that? Get a test, it's the only way to be sure!

SashaFierce99 Mon 01-Feb-16 21:57:29

No we aren't using protection.

goodnightdarthvader1 Mon 01-Feb-16 22:04:16

You aren't using protection?

And you think you're unlikely to be pregnant?

Breastfeeding is not contraception.

SashaFierce99 Mon 01-Feb-16 22:09:14

It has been effective contraception for me four times before. While I know I could be pregnant, I'm saying that surely four days after sex is too soon to have symptoms?

Epilepsyhelp Mon 01-Feb-16 22:11:13

I'd say much too early for symptoms, is this the first time you've had sex since the birth though? It's not fool proof as birth control as one of my friends recently found out so might be worth POAS... Otherwise maybe a kidney infection or similar?

SashaFierce99 Mon 01-Feb-16 22:22:53

Not the first time since the birth. I read that the more pregnancies you have, the earlier you feel symptoms but I'm thinking this must be way more likely to be pre-period pains than early pregnancy

Epilepsyhelp Mon 01-Feb-16 22:51:11

You can't have symptoms pre-implantation I don't think so that would be super quick, but you could have got pregnant a previous time rather than this latest time?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now