Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

signs labour is imminent ... Yeah right! !!

(9 Posts)
mayaknew Mon 01-Feb-16 09:32:35

Anyone else have the "signs" of labour for weeks?grin

I'm due tomorrow and I've been feeling like I could go at any minute for about 2 weeks.

I've had diarrhea for a fortnight. I've been feeling cramps and pressure for a fortnight.

I've been waking up every night with pains and have to lie for a while to make sure they're not contractions.

I've had the "signs" of labour for bloody weeks now bet I'm still massively overdueconfused

KatyK1980 Mon 01-Feb-16 09:59:53

I'm due Friday! Also been feeling like something is going to happen any day with symptoms similar to yours for a few weeks..and then nothing!

Is this your first?

Guess we just need to be patient....

mayaknew Mon 01-Feb-16 10:05:10

No this is my third and with the first two I had no signs at all I felt normal then boom waters broke.

This time I constantly feel like my waters could fall out at any minute grinconfused

Is this your first ?

KatyK1980 Mon 01-Feb-16 10:13:10

My second. But my first was 14 years ago so my memory of the whole experience is a little fuzzy!

So you had one of those dramatic water-breaking moments like on tv for your firstt 2?! I remember mine had to be broken by the midwife...everything was happening soooo slowly!

Did your first 2 arrive on time? My daughter was 3 days late, was hopefull this one might be early as everyone says second babies come sooner...but I guess that's not true!

mayaknew Mon 01-Feb-16 10:19:58

Haha yeah kind of not completely dramatic but waters breaking was pretty much first sign of labour both times.

With first pains woke me up so I went to get out of bed and as I stood up I had the whoosh of the waters grin

With second no pain at all was just going about my business as normal driving about got out the car and again waters went. No whoosh that time though just the beginning of a slow but constant stream.

First came 7 days late second came 5 days late. If I carry on that trend I should go on Friday gringrin

What's your maternity policy on induction? Mine is sweep at 40+6 then induction at 40+14. confused

KatyK1980 Mon 01-Feb-16 10:31:18

I'm not sure what the policy is on when to sweep here, I know induction is also 40+14... seems such a long time to wait! And I had a growth scan a week ago which showed him as being 7lb11oz so I don't want him staying in there getting bigger for too much longer!!

Fingers crossed we both get to meet our babies this week!

NotSpeaking Mon 01-Feb-16 11:20:30

Due tomorrow too. Been having signs for last two weeks, utterly fed up and tired now.

bunnyrabbit93 Mon 01-Feb-16 11:24:38

I knew I was nearly ready as I got pms symptoms and I was really craving chocolate. I also lost my mucus plug 2 weeks earlier X

mayaknew Mon 01-Feb-16 15:35:22

It's so frustrating I feel like shit sad I feel really sick today as well . Earlier I felt like I did when I was newly.pregnant and had hideous morning sickness.

Oh my God how bloody moany am I grin

I just really want her to be here now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now