Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Would you rather be alone abroad or have annoying sister around?

(7 Posts)
Holly34 Sat 30-Jan-16 04:56:38

Having baby abroad husband work etc Was sad down you name it because of being alone!! my younger sis has come over to help!! She does clean up but suffers from OCD she really annoys me with this!! Keeps telling me to wash my hands sad I have just started to tell her to fuck off in a joke.

Shes annoying in some ways not sure calling her was such a good idea! Should I just ignore and appreciate having some company and care? confused

DesertOrDessert Sat 30-Jan-16 07:18:35

Is DH around in the evenings? If so, I'd be less inclined to need sister.
Also, is baby here yet?

Tough decision. I wish I'd had a sister about when I had two times and DH was away Sunday afternoon til Friday evening ever week. But then would that have stopped me getting out and about and finding friends?

Holly34 Sat 30-Jan-16 13:35:17

Dh working 12 hours a day too tired to even have dinner!! Works 6 days as well. The days are so dark n short and I am 38 weeks so cant really make friends right now!! But saying that I decided to do my own thing even with her around wink

I did a deep clean of the bathroom for 2 hours lastnight and really enjoyed my time on my own!

your rightI must appreciate the extra help and care as I am first time mom thankssmile

DesertOrDessert Sat 30-Jan-16 14:57:19

Get her to go out and do things without you then,! Do you live in the sort of place a tourist might visit? Would she be interested in visiting some places, and exploring your adopted town?

At 38 weeks, I'd suspect anyone would be anoying you, but not long to wait now, and you'll have your babyflowers

Holly34 Sat 30-Jan-16 17:36:09

Shes 21 not interested in going out even with me!! Lazy!!! On the other hand I am active and trying to keep myself busy and laughing of the washing hands bit!! Tbh I do like her company .... i guess I will take the positive and block the negative for now! I was very lonely before she came to visit! Oh well nothings perfect i guess hmm

aimees75 Sat 30-Jan-16 18:38:21

You sound charming. She's your sister and she's come over to help you. Try and be appreciative. Also, if she genuinely has OCD, try and be a bit more sympathetic as its a serious mental health disorder which causes misery to sufferers (it's not just about washing hands, it's about disturbing intrusive thoughts).

sepa Sat 30-Jan-16 18:41:32

I would try and enjoy having her but unfortunately sister are annoying as hell!
I would be scared to be in a different country as my family so this should hopefully offer you a bit of reassurance!

Also, 38 week I think if your OH was around you all the time he would be annoying you! Hehe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now