Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

14 weeks and 5 days - desperate to know gender!! Help

(77 Posts)
CharmedMumma Fri 29-Jan-16 21:46:49

So i had my first scan today and it was at 14 weeks and 5 days... We asked if it was a he or she and the sonographer wouldnt say 😔 We tried to figure it out according to the nub theory but cant seem to tell... Perhaps there is someone out there that can give is a good idea of whether its a boy or a girl?? Please help??any ideas??

Wolfiefan Fri 29-Jan-16 21:47:25

Why does it matter?

goodnightdarthvader1 Fri 29-Jan-16 21:57:27

Give over, wolfie hmm

OP, can you book a private gender scan at 16 weeks? I'm rubbish at nub theory, myself.

OhShutUpThomas Fri 29-Jan-16 22:00:09

They wouldn't know yet. And it's sex, not gender smile

Wolfiefan Fri 29-Jan-16 22:03:04

My first was a boy. And very sick.
My second was a girl. And healthy.
I'm not having any more. But if I did I would be desperate to know it was healthy. Couldn't give a proverbial about male/female.
I asked in case the OP had a particular reason for wanting to know. But it's not the most important thing a scan can show. Not by a long chalk.

sepa Fri 29-Jan-16 22:05:21

I'm 50% sure it's a boy grin

Clodagh164 Fri 29-Jan-16 22:18:09

I'm also dying to know 16 weeks on Monday and I can't wait my app is in 6 weeks time for that scan the 11th of March I also have a girl 12 a And boy 7. I only want to be more prepared as one of the kids will be sharing their room so now that I have money wanted to buy stuff. So I know how u feel.😆 I had a cervical scan today was sure I seen it was a little boy but all will be revealed soon can't wait be just as happy if it's a girl also 😍😍

CharmedMumma Fri 29-Jan-16 22:30:35

Urmmm i appreciate its not the most important thing but i wanted to have some constructive feedback as am curious...anyway thank for feedback!!

CharmedMumma Fri 29-Jan-16 22:33:47

Its all about being prepared and ready as I have 3 lovely girls already and want to know as then i know if i need to get more stuff or will the three becoming a four 😊😊😊 excited anyway!! Feeling blessed 😃

eastegg Fri 29-Jan-16 22:39:29

i would be desperate to know it was healthy

Couldn't agree more. Don't know what more to say without inviting the suggestion that I should eff off back to the miscarriage and preg loss board, but I envy you your innocence, OP, I really do.

Just wait until you can find out a bit later. I don't understand why that's so hard. It can't be any harder than waiting for the anomaly scan to find out the things that the anomaly scan is meant to be for, surely?

LentilStew Fri 29-Jan-16 22:46:12

Well Im no expect but to me it looks like a little girl. You are almost 15wks and most experienced sonographers can tell at this stage even if they don't tell you. I think I can see the classic hamburger genetalia. I had a scan with one of mine due to spotting at 15wks 1day so just a couple of days further on from you and I could very clearly see a penis at that stage.

LentilStew Fri 29-Jan-16 22:47:17

Genitalia

IamTheWhoreofBabylon Fri 29-Jan-16 22:48:22

SEX you want to know the sex

Clodagh164 Fri 29-Jan-16 23:01:37

What's the nub theory ??

CharmedMumma Fri 29-Jan-16 23:12:11

I would like to know the gender. People reading too much into this... Serioisly!!!

Canyouforgiveher Fri 29-Jan-16 23:19:36

I'm 50% sure it's a boy grin

I'm 50% sure it's a girl smile

Maybe this was just a bit of fun posting - can you see it - presume it was.

But otherwise it is going to be a long long pregnancy if an uncertain scan in the early stages makes you feel you MUST know.

GNRmama Fri 29-Jan-16 23:23:54

Wow, this is just a pregnant lady expressing her excitement about finding out if she's having a girl or a boy! I don't see why there's any need for unkind posts. For what it's worth OP, i'm excited for you - it's such an exciting time and you have so much to look forward to! I'm rubbish at guessing from scans but I hope the time passes quickly in the run up to your scan!

LentilStew Fri 29-Jan-16 23:27:10

Oh leave the op alone. She's just excited and wants to know the sex of her baby.

SkyWasMadeOfAmethyst Fri 29-Jan-16 23:32:50

Gender is between the ears not the legs. You want to know the baby's sex.

aimees75 Fri 29-Jan-16 23:40:45

Why are some people trying to make this about them? Is it hard to accept that your own experiences are different to the OPs and therefore she may not feel the same way as you do? If she wants to know the sex then that is not a terrible thing. I was really keen to know myself due to the particular circumstances of my pregnancy.

OP, it looks like a girl to me from the nub theory but I'm really not the expert. You would need a private scan for that, or hold out to your 20 weeks one.

Doublebubblebubble Fri 29-Jan-16 23:44:39

It looks very girly to me as the nub is horizontal. X of course its lovely to have a surprise but when you want to know, you want to know xx

kilmuir Fri 29-Jan-16 23:50:57

i had 3 girls then a boy and just knew he was a boy. We were happy either way.i am rubbish at guessing sex from a scan
I get the need to know to get things organised, but you have a while to go yet .

PizzaConnoisseur Sat 30-Jan-16 00:50:01

I can't really see any nub clues here, but if I took a wild guess at what looks like the nub I would say, girl.

I do understand your feelings of frustration, although many on here won't.

bognorbanana Sat 30-Jan-16 00:57:22

I would say it looks more likely to be a girl x

DixieNormas Sat 30-Jan-16 01:00:23

I'm thinking girl although I'm no expert! I was always very excited to know what the sex was. I have 5 boys.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now