Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pink cm at 4 weeks and freaking out

(13 Posts)
Blueskygirl30 Fri 29-Jan-16 18:58:55

I will be 4 weeks pregnant tomorrow, we're trying for our first baby and have been for 2 years, this is my third pregnancy in that time, the first was an ectopic which was ended at 7 weeks without surgery, the second was a mc at 5 weeks. I often get pink cm the day before AF is due and just had a small amount a few minutes ago and now I'm worried that I'm about to lose another pregnancy.

I'm just hoping someone might be able to reassure me a bit? Has anyone had this and continue with their pregnancy? I'm trying to stay relaxed but it's not easy!!

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

XL Fri 29-Jan-16 19:27:34

I had this at 5weeks for about 3 days and I'm 16 weeks now and all was ok, may have been implantation bleeding. Was only very slight and pink

LouLou030783 Fri 29-Jan-16 19:37:01

I'm confused if ur only just 4 weeks pregnant tomoz does this mean u haven't even missed a period yet?? If this is the case it could be a chemical pregnancy think this is one of the reasons woman are urged not to test before a missed period

Blueskygirl30 Fri 29-Jan-16 19:46:28

Thank you XL. That has eased my mind a little. I've only had it once this evening so I'm really hoping it won't happen again, I know the only thing I can really do is wait!

LouLou, my period was due on Wednesday as I have a short luteal phase.

Gunting Fri 29-Jan-16 19:52:26

Blue I had this too. I had it around or after my period was due and mine was followed by a small bleed. It was implantation bleeding from the egg nestling in.

My son is now 3 months old so try not to panic.

Best of luck, the early weeks are so stressful.

LouLou030783 Fri 29-Jan-16 20:22:04

Ah ok, well it could just be that it's implantation bleeding because of previous issues will ur hospital not give u an early scan to try ease your mind I know it's a bit early just now but perhaps u could call the EPU?

Blueskygirl30 Fri 29-Jan-16 20:38:51

Gunting, thank you for your reply. This is the sort of thing I need to hear!!

LouLou, I have to have an early scan as I'm at increased risk of another ectopic, the scan will be at 6 weeks. Right now I don't think they'd be able to see anything at all. If I had more patience I'd just be relaxing until then but it's really hard not to worry, even though there's obviously nothing I can do.

LouLou030783 Fri 29-Jan-16 21:07:49

It's easy for us all to say relax but it's all u can do xxx

TheDisillusionedAnarchist Fri 29-Jan-16 22:11:34

Both pregnancies, one miscarriage, one carried to term, I had a small amount of brown/pink/red mucus around my period date, infact the fact that I just had the light bleeding instead of a period was my main confirmation I was pregnant both times. I don't think it means anything in terms of miscarriage.

In my term pregnancy I had pink bleeding at 7 weeks and red at 8 and 9 weeks. All was relatively fine (DD had trisomy 18 but not sure if that had anything to do with it and got to 39 weeks)

Blueskygirl30 Sat 30-Jan-16 19:28:12

Thank you LouLou, I'm trying to relax, I feel less stressed about it now.

Disillusioned, thank you. It is reassuring hearing other people's experiences.

At the end of the day, today I am pregnant and I'll just take it a day at a time.

TattieHowkerz Sun 31-Jan-16 08:48:28

I had light pink and brown spotting in the early weeks of my first pregnancy. Resulted in a healthy baby, now four year old! Think it is pretty normal.

Andthentherewasmum Sun 31-Jan-16 08:57:16

A little pink is fine, most likely implantation bleeding. As midwife said to me pink and brown is fine, worry when it's red. Even then it's not necessarily the worst that you are thinking.

I've had multiple miscarriages and an ectopic. I've now got one DC and I'm currently 7 weeks pregnant with the second (fingers crossed). Keep the faith and keep going. That's all you can do to get what you want.

Good luck flowers

Blueskygirl30 Sun 31-Jan-16 09:10:10

Tattie & AndThen, thank you. I've had no more pink cm but some brown cm since my post but just thinking positively that there's currently been no red.

AndThen I'm sorry about your previous losses, I think I'd be a lot less anxious if I hadn't had losses already. Finger crossed for sticky beans for us both this time. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now