Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Lady bits swollen - 16 weeks

(3 Posts)
cocothomas1234 Tue 26-Jan-16 09:40:52

So, sorry if this is TMI but I noticed last night that the left side of my lady bits is a bit swollen… I mean the actual normal skin on the outside (not the 'flaps'). It's completely soft even when pushed in, there's no pain or hard lumps there at all etc, when I woke up this morning I very gently felt it and for a moment thought it had gone back to normal but it sort of started to swell out again a little. So although I googled and its where the Bartholins cyst would swell I don't think it's this and it's so incredibly soft and not at all red or painful etc. I did read that loads of weird and wonderful changes happen down there during pregnancy to the skin and muscles (I'm 16 weeks). I am a bit of a worry wart so don't want any scare stories just wanted to see if anyone had had anything similar! Thanks smile

mrsjskelton Tue 26-Jan-16 09:53:16

You get extra blood flow to your nether regions in pregnancy! If in doubt though, you should be due a MW appointment so get them to check you out!

Rufus200 Tue 26-Jan-16 17:56:11

My bits have tripled in size during pregnancy! Everything that was neatly tucked in, now has turned outwards. I've also grown lumps (haemangiomas) down there that split and bleed as they catch on my underwear. Gets even more swollen down there when I sit on the toilet, guess from the pressure. It is all normal and hopefully after baby everything will shrink back down. I've got to have surgery to have the lumps taken off as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now