Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pain pushing right down my pelvis in between my legs

(9 Posts)
mayaknew Mon 25-Jan-16 17:05:52

I don't know if I'm explaining this right confused

I'm 39 weeks with dc3 and been feeling pressure for about 2 weeks now but mw said babies head still free (apparently engagement doesn't really happen in 2nd+ babies??

Just sat down and leaned forward slightly and felt a horrible and severe pain pushing right down into my pelvis and and basically right onto my lady bitsblush

I had to bounce back and sort of recover it was really quite alarming. Any ideas what it was ?

JellyBaby26 Mon 25-Jan-16 19:09:30

Sounds like someone's head to me!!

NHKX2 Mon 25-Jan-16 19:10:46

My best guess is baby's head hitting cervix; I've been getting this for weeks now (I'm 40+3) and sometimes it's excruciating...

I don't know for sure, this is just what I've been advised by my Dr. as a likely explanation for my pain, which sounds very similar to what your describing.

GooodMythicalMorning Mon 25-Jan-16 19:31:12

yes sounds like the baby to me.

mayaknew Mon 25-Jan-16 19:33:38

I thought it seemed like her head but because mw said head still free I wasn't sure. It was so sore I got such a fright.

Fourormore Mon 25-Jan-16 19:35:30

My second and third babies' heads engaged over the final few weeks but unlike the first, who went from 1/5th engaged to fully engaged, my second and third's would engage and then come free and then engage again...

daisydalrymple Mon 25-Jan-16 19:41:16

Think the head can kind of bob in and out a bit, but if you're in a certain position it's more able to push down with dc3. I remember walking to school thinking dc3 was literally about to drop out with a month to go.
Mind you, he did arrive that weekend 3.5 weeks early!

Maybe you've inadvertently started a live I'm in labour thread grin ooh do report back!

daisydalrymple Mon 25-Jan-16 19:43:05

Also possibly the head may just have been pushing on a nerve from the type of pain you describe? Very best wishes anyway, hope all goes speedily well.

mayaknew Mon 25-Jan-16 20:01:37

Argh it just happened again and I didn't even move I was lying down. Wasn't as sore that time to.be fair but same kind of pain/feeling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now