Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity clothes in natural fabrics

(11 Posts)
SunLolly Mon 25-Jan-16 13:24:39

Where can I find, for example, a cotton maternity dress? I have been searching online and everything seems to be viscose or horrible polyester.

Thanks smile

Alibabsandthe40Musketeers Mon 25-Jan-16 13:29:51

By spending a lot of money.

If they are in man-made fibres they stretch and can therefore get away with being cut badly - ie. cheaply.

Runningupthathill82 Mon 25-Jan-16 13:55:30

You could get away with a lot of the non-maternity stuff in the likes of Fat Face and White Stuff, I would think - and a lot of the stuff there is pure cotton.
Obviously it depends on your shape and size, and on the cut of the clothes.
But I was a size 10 pre-pregnancy and despite putting on a terrifying 4 stone (!!) I'm still wearing some non-maternity Fat Face tops, in a 12, at 40 weeks.

SunLolly Mon 25-Jan-16 14:14:32

Thanks, will take a look at both of those for day to day stuff. Any suggestions for smarter worky-type clothes?

Runningupthathill82 Mon 25-Jan-16 14:26:28

Sorry, no - I got all my work stuff from Asos maternity. It's decent and cheap, but a consequence of the "cheap" means it's most definitely not natural fabrics!

YouAndMeAreGoingToFallOut Mon 25-Jan-16 17:27:30

It's annoying isn't it? You don't want to spend fortunes on clothes you won't wear for very long, but viscose etc are a bit grim. I'm not a lover of clothes normally, and I tend to just wear basics, but I definitely prefer natural fabrics.

I'd like plain maternity clothes in bright colours, made of cotton, that don't cost a bomb. Can't really find them! It doesn't help that I'm a fat bastard, so not a lot of mileage in buying bigger sizes of "normal clothes"!

Eastend2015 Mon 25-Jan-16 17:34:07

Try Gudrun Sjoden- not specifically maternity but lots of empire line and generous cuts. Their cotton and bamboo stuff is lovely. Not massively cheap but good sales/ offers: www.gudrunsjoden.com/uk/m

TinyMonkey Mon 25-Jan-16 21:47:51

Gap online? They usually have a fair amount of cotton stuff.

mrslebon Mon 25-Jan-16 21:57:25

If you're ordering from Gap, use code WOWGAP for 35% off which ends tonight I think.

Rpj16 Tue 26-Jan-16 05:24:39

mama frugi? they have limited but sale stuff smile

bluewisteria Tue 26-Jan-16 06:12:08

H&m do well priced maternity clothes, mainly cotton based.,there will be stretch in them though so elastin etc but not too bad,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now