Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5 weeks pregnant and starting bleeding!!

(8 Posts)
Snoopy27 Mon 25-Jan-16 12:11:02

I need help as I am going out of my mind!!
I am 5 weeks pregnant and started bleeding this morning. I'm not getting clots, it's just like a light period (sorry if tmi). I have had 2 miscarriages pervious to this pregnancy so I'm panicking thinking the worst is going to happen yet again. I have been to the doctors and they say I am to early to do anything just I just have to wait two days and take another test. I am taking an aspirin a day too as that's what they advised me to do the last time is miscarried.
I just want to know if anyone had experienced this and what your outcome was.
Btw I'm new to this so sorry if I'm blabbering lol

Chinks123 Mon 25-Jan-16 12:17:37

Try not to worry (impossible I know) I started bleeding at 6 weeks, it soaked a whole pad so I presumed that I was definitely miscarrying (no pain or cramping just bleeding) I rung the midwife and got the same answer as you did. However after a couple of hours the bleeding completely stopped so I was left confused as to what had happened and had to wait two very long weeks for a scan. Long story short it was my placenta burrowing into the my walls hmm and everything was fine. The key thing they asked me though was are you in any pain? Any cramping etc? Hope everything goes ok flowers

Snoopy27 Mon 25-Jan-16 12:28:35

Thank you for the reply. That's give me some relief. I have no pain at all and the bleeding does seem to be slowing down so hopefully that's all it is! I will keep you posted 😊

Chinks123 Mon 25-Jan-16 12:39:09

the facts it's slowing down and no cramping is a good sign! I'll be hoping for good news for you ☺️

Michaelah123 Fri 06-May-16 22:37:02

I would worry hun as worrying courses stress and if u get stressed baby gets stressed i know its hard i suffered a misscarriage last year with same syptoms but im 10 weeks pregnant now....just try and stay positive...

Michaelah123 Fri 06-May-16 22:37:41

Eee sorry i meant wouldnt worry

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 07-May-16 10:11:13

Hi there,

We've moved this thread over to our pregnancy topic now where we hope you'll find some more advice and support.

novemberchild Sun 08-May-16 02:11:45

Hi, it might actually be the aspirin! I took it and bled lightly at 6 weeks. Stopped taking it and bleeding stopped. 17 weeks now, all well afaik.

Speak to the doc - get a scan to help you feel better and discuss continuing aspirin or not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now