Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

brownish discharge, 2 weeks pregnant

(9 Posts)
happywithit Sun 24-Jan-16 23:00:37

after 1 month of my first period,(last wednesday), i had i brownish discharge (once), i was thinking it's my period, but its stopped,2 days clear, nothing, i bought pregnancy test, than find it positive, after 2 days (yesterday) i bought an other one with weeks, give me pregnant 2-3 weeks, i will book to see the gp but just asking if anyone had experience of this discharge before?
don't know why?

HP07 Mon 25-Jan-16 10:31:34

Yes I have had brown discharge and spotting and I am 5.5 weeks pregnant. It can be any number of reasons but brown blood is old. Could be implantation bleeding. If you are worried then speak with your GP. I think quite a lot of ladies can get this in early pregnancy from what I've read. Good luck.

FuzzyOwl Mon 25-Jan-16 10:36:02

So you are 4 to 5 weeks pregnant? Brown bleeding is perfectly normal at that time due to implantation. It is more worrying if it is red, but even then it might be nothing to worry about. Google implantation bleeding to put your mind at rest, but it really is absolutely normal and completely fine.

happywithit Sat 30-Jan-16 19:16:21

I am just 3weeks now, from the test, just called tuesday the gp booked appointment for monday, but today again i went i find one spot of blood.
really mixt up now and worried, waiting for monday.

aspoonfulofyourownmedicine Sat 30-Jan-16 22:11:54

I've just added a rather long post, I found out I was pregnant on Thursday am, and yesterday I had a bit of brown discharge when I went to the toilet. It turned to a pinky coloured stringy discharge. This has since turned to bright red blood, almost like a monthly period but with next to no pain etc.

Pregnancy test states 2-3 weeks (+2 according to instruction leaflet) so 4-5 weeks pregnant. My midwife appointment is a week on Monday. I'm not sure whether to be worried or not.

happywithit Sat 30-Jan-16 22:49:19

i just called the NHS doctor online, she just ask me to wait until tomorrow and see if the bleeding get stronger or not, i have appointment on monday morning, but right now i have a bit of bleeding is well. so i am the same as you, getting more clear red.

Lizzie1988 Thu 04-Feb-16 13:54:56

Hi, Just wondering what happened with you both? the exact same thing is happening to me, brownish light discharge but not enough for a pad and then light blood when i wipe after going for a wee! Pregnancy test shows as psoitive 1-2 weeks. I have had mild cramps but no other symptoms. First pregnancy so am more than a little nervous!

Thanks

CityMole Thu 04-Feb-16 15:51:28

It could be implantation bleeding, which can be a bit like a light period sometimes. I'm afraid only time will tell whether it is that or something else.

HP07 Fri 05-Feb-16 00:19:43

Hi again, I just wanted to update you guys. I am now 7 weeks pregnant and still getting brownish to sometimes pinkish discharge on a daily basis. Not much, mainly when I wipe. I have had an early u/s scan and seen baby and a heartbeat and all is fine and no reason for the bleeding can be seen. The Nurse advised it was likely cervical irritation and not to worry as it can happen with some women and everything looked normal. I also have endometriosis so I was wondering if that could be a reason as my cycles although regular have been quite erratic since I came off the pill 2 years ago and I get this type of spotting every month. Hope this helps a bit. Obviously everyones pregnancy is different but may reassure some people. If you are worried about your bleeding then call the EPAU or GP/Midwife though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now