Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hair falling out BEFORE birth

(7 Posts)
whatsoever Sun 24-Jan-16 10:52:52

I know the pregnancy extra-growth hair can fall out en masse post birth but has anyone had it happen pre-birth? I've just combed my hair after blow drying and a handful came out. I'm 39 weeks.

Had my hair highlighted in Friday so that's the potential other culprit but it was my usual half head of bleach highlights that I've been having for years pre and during pregnancy so seems unlikely to suddenly make my hair fall out in a clump....

MayFayner Sun 24-Jan-16 11:12:54

No, mine normally strays falling out when the baby is about 8 weeks.

I'm 39+4 now with no.3 and no hair loss yet.

Everyone's different though! Well done for getting your hair done- I can barely get round to washing mine atm grin

MayFayner Sun 24-Jan-16 11:13:17

Strays = starts confused

Scarletforya Sun 24-Jan-16 11:15:18

Could your iron be low OP ?

whatsoever Sun 24-Jan-16 11:40:25

My iron is low actually Scarletforya - just low stores not full anaemia. Didn't realise that was a symptom.

Rufus200 Mon 25-Jan-16 09:14:53

Anaemia is the No 1 cause of hair loss in women. You can tell if it is hormonal hair loss or nutritional by looking at the pattern on your head. Hormonal causes the same as when men go bald, at the front and centre. Nutritional causes hair loss all over the head.

Scarletforya Thu 28-Jan-16 01:08:56

Ahh that's your answer then OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now