Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nose bleeds in early pregnancy

(6 Posts)
Boomies123 Sun 24-Jan-16 00:00:10

Hi All, I'm new to mums net and very early in my first pregnancy. The past two days I've had pretty awful nose bleeds and just wondered if anyone else had had this? 'Dr Google' seems to think it could ?be increase in progesterone/oestrogen causing blood vessel dilation but I'm sure I'm too early for that?!

Heirhelp Sun 24-Jan-16 03:19:18

It is a common symptom of early pregnancy. Unless your nose bleeds ar frequent and heavy or taking a very long time to stop it is nothing to worry about.

Welecome to the weird and wonderful world of pregnancy.

LaGrosseVache Sun 24-Jan-16 03:23:01

Yes it's normal I'm afraid. I had nose bleeds early on when pregnant with my dds. Not with my ds though, oddly.

Florin Sun 24-Jan-16 05:01:33

Yes I had loads of very sudden nose bleeds while pregnant. Never had one before I was pregnant or after. It is something to do with blood vessels thining. It is really odd though!

TeamEponine Sun 24-Jan-16 06:15:54

Yup, I had a few early on. I think it is pretty normal. Woke up one morning and my face and pillow were covered in blood, which freaked me out a little!

Boomies123 Sun 24-Jan-16 06:33:24

Thank you all! I haven't had nose bleeds since I was a kid so was a bit of a surprise but at least it's normal!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now