Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First baby and showing already! Anyone else?

(17 Posts)
Scase1firsttimemum Tue 19-Jan-16 10:32:39

So I am pregnant with my first baby and started showing quite early on which was a surprise to everyone and so they thought I could be pregnant with twins! However there is just the one in there haha!

In the picture I am embracing my wonderful minion pjs and my stretch marks smilesmile who else is pregnant with their first and showing already?!

Mslg Tue 19-Jan-16 10:49:20

I'm 11 weeks and my bump is a constipation/food baby at the minute as I think it's far too early to be showing! I don't expect to have a proper bump until 16-20 weeks. How far are you?

goodnightdarthvader1 Tue 19-Jan-16 10:50:04

I'm 36 weeks with my first, so I'm showing a bit wink

Congrats, how far along are you?

Scase1firsttimemum Tue 19-Jan-16 10:56:56

I am 15 weeks today smile

Wow 36 weeks how are you getting on? With your first?

OhShutUpThomas Tue 19-Jan-16 11:00:36

I didn't show until well over 25 weeks with first 2 - only 8 weeks with this one so time will tell!
I'm a size ten - I don't know where they hide!!

Junosmum Tue 19-Jan-16 11:07:21

To be honest, your uterus at 15 weeks is still low (as in just peeking above you pelvis. So your 'bump' is more likely gas/bloat/ wind which is totally normal as pregnancy hormones slow digestion. I was out of normal clothes at 12 weeks due to bloat but back in them at 16weeks when it settled down!

goodnightdarthvader1 Tue 19-Jan-16 11:41:29

Scase not too badly, I'd say watch out for anemia! I had to fight to get them to do something when my hemoglobin levels first starting dropping - they didn't check for anemia until I pushed, and then wouldn;t do anything as I was still within "normal" range, despite feeling awful.

Aside from that, been ok!

SpecialStains Tue 19-Jan-16 12:36:42

I'm 10 weeks and no bump yet. If anything I've lost weight and feeling a bit thinner. Had a good scan showing a very wriggly baby though!

Everythinggettingbigger Tue 19-Jan-16 12:49:55

This pic was 17 weeks with baby number 1....I wouldn't call that a "bloated" bump....I was in maternity jeans from 12 weeks.....preg with second now and was already bigger than this at 15 weeks......its very possible that you have a baby bump! Congratulations such an exciting time!

Scase1firsttimemum Tue 19-Jan-16 21:59:42

Doesnt feel like 'bloat' really its getting harder smile

jusdepamplemousse Wed 20-Jan-16 07:38:18

People were guessing I was pg from 9 weeks as I was so bloated I looked 'pregnant' - to me I developed a proper bump at about 25 weeks maybe? Before that I could've just have gotten much thicker round my middle. I think it still 'showed' I was pregnant - but it wasn't showing a baby!!! grin

TheGreaterGood Wed 20-Jan-16 09:03:40

Hi Scase I'm 15 weeks and am wearing maternity tights today! Tend to be smaller in the morning but by the evening I look properly pregnant and really really need to buy new jeans! And also have a stretch mark already (just the one mind!), despite having used bio oil since day 1...this is not encouraging! Not really complaining though - this is my first, I'm 41 and it hasn't been an easy journey so I'll take it all and love it! grin

bet9d Wed 20-Jan-16 10:08:44

I'm almost 16 weeks with my first and definitely showing already, I'm in comfy tops and leggings now as I can't fit into any of my pre-pregnancy clothes!

Scase1firsttimemum Wed 20-Jan-16 10:52:14

I have two oversized tops that fit and just wear leggings everyday (so many leggings i own!)

PennyHasNoSurname Wed 20-Jan-16 10:56:23

I got married at 11 weeks and have a definite bump in my dress, however it wasnt baby causing it as they are so low at this point. I assumed it was organs being pushed up and a bit of baby bloat.

It then didnt get any more pronounced til about 25 weeks, but became more baby/less bloat in that time.

littlecharmer2016 Thu 28-Jan-16 19:30:25

I'm 12 weeks today and feeling huge shockshock

Scase1firsttimemum Thu 28-Jan-16 20:24:10

Oh what a lovely bump!! Im now 16+2 and feeling bigger everyday! I struggle so bad putting my shoes on and getting out of deep sofas :L

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now