Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I don't feel like I've bonded yet...

(2 Posts)
Mermaidmagic Mon 18-Jan-16 15:30:29

Hi!

I'm 30 weeks pregnant. I really don't feel like I've bonded with my baby at all. I don't really feel pregnant and I'm not showing that much. It just doesn't feel like I'm having a baby in just over two months. I already have a DS who will turn one in a couple of months and I love him to bits, but I just don't feel like I can get excited this time around.

This pregnancy was a surprise and my DS was planned. So I don't know whether that has anything to do with it. Has anyone else felt like this?

zippyswife Mon 18-Jan-16 15:53:03

Yes. With ds1 I'd bonded with him from as soon as I knew I was pregnant my feelings for my
Unborn child were so
Strong and when he was born my feelings for him were even stronger.

With ds2 it was different. I was going through a rough time in my
Marriage, dh was depressed and was renovating my house. I barely took time to consider the pregnancy. I didn't bond at all. When he was born my feelings weren't as strong as with ds1 and I felt guilty. But I did bond and within a couple of weeks my feelings were strong. It just took a bit longer. I consciously put more effort into bonding and in no time fell in love with him.

I'm due dc3 in a couple of weeks. I'm nervous again as I haven't bonded with the baby but I know that it will all Come when the baby is born.

Try not to worry. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now