Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Back ache, pressure feeling in bump and aching at the sides..

(10 Posts)
Frankie72 Sun 17-Jan-16 21:21:07

I've been getting (and slowly increasing) lower back ache, a pressure like feeling in my pelvis and lower bump and now a more sharp ache at the sides of my bump (waist height.. If I still had a waist?!) I can feel baby moving and I've had a bath to try and ease it.

To add I fell down the stairs on Thursday and went in to be checked. All seemed fine and was sent home. I had the anti d injection too... Which was the biggest needle in the world! I'm good with needles but seriously that was a bitch.

Any suggestions? I don't need to be worrying do you think?? Resisting Google but it's hard!

Champagneformyrealfriends Sun 17-Jan-16 21:29:37

I'd ring your maternity assessment unit for advice. I went today because my baby hadn't moved much for a couple of days and I'm really glad I did. At least if you ring and tell them your symptoms they will be able to say if they need to check you over.

Jenjen86 Sun 17-Jan-16 21:36:00

Definitely give them a call, you can never be too careful. How far along are you out of interest? Could it be early stages of labour? Hope all is ok!

Frankie72 Sun 17-Jan-16 21:38:32

28 weeks... I just don't want to be dramatic for nothing. It's not 'painful' just uncomfortable and distracting.

Why can things not just be nice and calm and simple!

Champagneformyrealfriends Sun 17-Jan-16 21:41:00

I'm 28 weeks aswell. I was so worried today they'd think I was being dramatic. If you ring and explain then they can make the call and at least you've done what you can.

Jenjen86 Sun 17-Jan-16 21:42:45

Aw I know what you mean about not wanting to feel dramatic but anything that is unusual for you is worth being checked out, especially if you have had a fall. The midwives would all rather check out a false alarm and put a mums mind at ease than leave it too late and have something bad happen. It's definitely not dramatic to get it checked in your case. They will be able to tell you over the phone if it's worth popping in for so you don't need to feel like you are disturbing anyone. smile

Frankie72 Sun 17-Jan-16 22:09:28

I think it might be easing off... Baby might have been a bit lower than normal hence the odd pressure feeling. The side pain has gone but the back ache is still there. Gonna go to bed and see how it goes... Baby is dancing around quite a lot right now so I'm reassured by that! Thanks for hearing me out though!!

Picklesauage Sun 17-Jan-16 22:18:59

' If in doubt, check it out.' This is my midwives motto.

I can honestly honestly say that you will spend less time travelling to hospital and getting checked, than you will worrying. Please go and get checked if you are worried.

whatsoever Mon 18-Jan-16 23:40:56

I had all of those feelings at a similar stage to you and my baby had been transverse at my 20 week scan and continued to be until 30 weeks when she went head down (most of the time). Any chance your baby is awkwardly sideways too?

Abbinob Mon 18-Jan-16 23:44:32

I think it sounds pretty normal and im surr everythings fine but I'd still suggest getting it checked out, they won't mind I think they'd rather you got checked if its worrying you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now