Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Headache!

(9 Posts)
mascaraisamust Sun 17-Jan-16 07:59:01

That's it really. 14 weeks pregnant, had headaches on and off for the last 4 weeks, usually at night before bed but for the last two days it's when I've woken up. I'm drinking water and mainly just water as I don't do tea or coffee anyway. I didn't drink lots before I was pregnant so I'm making a conscious effort to try and drink but it doesn't seem to be enough. On a morning when I wake up my mouth is so dry like im mega dehydrated so I end up drinking near enough a pint of water first thing.

Any tips to get more fluids?! It doesn't help that squash doesn't appeals either. Anyone else suffering from headaches? Reluctant to take paracetamol until I really need it!

kamillaw Sun 17-Jan-16 09:14:53

I would recommend 4head for headaches. Might be worth a trip to GP as they have been consistent for a month or so?

mascaraisamust Sun 17-Jan-16 11:11:28

I think that's what I'll do tomorrow. Still got it, just won't shift!

Kstar8 Sun 17-Jan-16 14:30:21

Another recommendation for 4head sticks. I rub it all over my head and under my nose so I breathe it in and it helps a lot. I'm also struggling to drink a lot as I've gone off hot drinks and only fruit juices interest me. Hoping this changes in the next few weeks!

UptownFunk00 Sun 17-Jan-16 14:33:08

Up until around 14/15 weeks I was getting really bad, regular headaches.

They ended up prescribing me a small dose of codeine they were getting so bad.

I'd try 4head first though and/or cold compress (not directly on the head though, wit ha towel/teatowel between your skin and the frozen peas or whatever you choose to use).

It's usually hormonal but if it's really bad or you are worried I'd go to see your gp.

Mrspopper Sun 17-Jan-16 17:34:41

4 head helped me as did the cool and soothe strips.

mascaraisamust Sun 17-Jan-16 19:29:44

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll get some 4head. Had a bottle of cold water to my head most of the day!

MG35 Sun 17-Jan-16 23:18:06

Hi mascaraisamust I am 22 + 5 and had them (just when the nausea subsided) around week 14 to about week 18 on and off. I was advised by midwife that I could take cocodamol they worked. I've also read eat little often, drink lots and a cold flannel on the forehead really helped. Xx

mascaraisamust Mon 18-Jan-16 17:22:30

Thanks for your help! Eased a little today thankfully.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now