Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Crib vs moses basket

(10 Posts)
Jenjen85 Sat 16-Jan-16 19:13:51

My DD was out of her moses basket and in her own cot/room at 6wks as we don't have room in our bedroom for a cot or another bedroom for DC2 to go into I was wondering if I might get more use out of a crib? Not a cos cosleeper just one of the wooden swinging ones IYKWIM

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 16-Jan-16 19:17:00

I'd definitely go for a crib if you want to be able to have the new baby in your room for longer than you were able to with your DD.

My 7 month old still fits in her Moses basket (but is now sleeping in her cot anyway), I still can't believe it because your experience of baby growing out of it quickly is so much the norm!

TheCatsMeow Sat 16-Jan-16 19:19:04

My baby grew out of his Moses basket by 2 months and his crib by 4, so you don't necessarily be able to use the crib for much longer

lilone1234 Sat 16-Jan-16 19:19:49

Would recommend a crib too. Had a lovely swinging one from Kiddicare. DD was in it until 8 months old. She could have fit for a bit longer but not really safe once she could pull herself up to sit, and a good time for her to move to own room/big cot then anyway!

PennyHasNoSurname Sat 16-Jan-16 19:22:13

We used our crib til ds was 9mo. Tbh we probably used it a month longer than we should have but he had to wait til we bought dd a bed for her cotbed. Definetly much much more use out of the crib.

I saw on some website the other day a sort of halfway house between a crib and a cot I will try and remember the site.

PennyHasNoSurname Sat 16-Jan-16 19:24:24

m.direct.asda.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-ASDA-Site/default/Product-Show?cmpid=ppc-_-ad-pla-_-ggle-pla-_-Babies-and-Kids-_-001708065&cm_mmc=ad-ppc-_-ggle-pla-_-Babies-and-Kids-_-001708065&istCompanyId=71f4ae42-94c5-4821-aa58-05eff6da2486&istItemId=qpqqipql&istBid=tztx&cmpid=ppc-_-ad-_--_--_-&cm_mmc=ad-ppc-_-ggle-pla-_-%5basda+tracking+category%5d-_-&pid=001708065 It was Asda. Though looking at it maybe its just what they call a crib?

PennyHasNoSurname Sat 16-Jan-16 19:26:23

www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Hyde-Crib/378938,default,pd.html&q=Mothercare%20Cribs&loadMoreCurrentStatus=1&returnCgid=nursery_cribsandmoses&returnSrule=null&start=&returnScrollPos=256 this is a standard crib so yeah the asda one is bigger, and has three heights.

Jenjen85 Sat 16-Jan-16 19:33:05

Thanks PennyHasNoSurname looking at the asda one great idea but not sure it would fit in our room confused never seen a mini cot before. Need to win the lottery tonight so we can build another bedroom to eliminate the extra bedroom problem grin

MyNameIsSuz Sat 16-Jan-16 19:34:00

I had a similar worry and have just bought a spacesaver cot - it's 58cm wide so not much bigger than a crib, but because you can drop the height the baby can stay in it once they learn to sit up.

IamChipmunk Sun 17-Jan-16 07:19:46

We had just a crib, no basket. DS was in it until 4ish months when he started rolling, he would get stuck and then cross! He then went into a travel cot until 5 and a half months when he went into his own room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now