Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Alternative to aspirin/baby aspirin

(2 Posts)
missy164 Sat 16-Jan-16 17:30:59

I was wondering if anybody knows if there is an alternative to aspirin. I have had 3 miscarriages. Then got pregnant again an was advised to take aspirin. I went on to have a healthy boy thereafter. I now have ulcers in my ileum probably caused by taking the aspirin. I got pregnant and decided not to take aspirin and miscarried. I am now 5 weeks pregnant again. Should I take aspirin? Any advice appreciated. Anybody else been in the same or similar situation?

CityMole Sat 16-Jan-16 17:42:12

I think only a doctor can advise on the benefits of the aspirin vs the risk to your ulcers, and any alternatives to the aspirin. I am on 75mg aspirin (baby aspirin) daily because of my age, and I was told at such a low dose it ought not to cause ulcers, but of course it is still a risk nonetheless. What a difficult dilemma for you.

What is your doctor saying about taking aspirin given your history (both of mc and ulcers)? Are PPIs off the table in pregnancy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now