Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tits on Fire!

(8 Posts)
waterjungle Sat 16-Jan-16 16:50:45

I am 4.5 months pregnant. I know breast pain is quite common in pregnancy but I am getting sharp pains that literally feel like burning through my breast. It tends to travel from the outer side (close to my armpit) towards my nipple and occurs at separate times in both breasts. Sometimes it makes my gasp.

It definitely not heartburn as it'd not a digestive feeling - it's very much in the breast tissue.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Elfishpresley Sat 16-Jan-16 16:53:31

Yes! I'm 13 weeks and it's been driving me mad all day!

Butterfliesprettybutterflies Sat 16-Jan-16 16:59:01

Have you looked up mastitis? It's much more common after birth but possible to get it during pregnancy too (I know from bitter experience!) - and sounds like what you're describing - though could also just be hormones of course. Just be mindful if you start feeling ill otherwise as mastitis can be quite serious if left untreated.

KeyboardMum Sun 17-Jan-16 12:06:22

Oh God, you sound worse than me. I'm 3.5 months and it's my nipples which are driving me insane. It feels like they are constantly being stung by something. I have found that a hot water bottle can help to ease the pain.

UptownFunk00 Sun 17-Jan-16 14:30:28

Yep, it's the cold that does it.
Stings so bad I could cry.
It's like icy little needles cutting into you.
Had it since about 20 weeks (36 now) and it's only getting worse as the weather does.
I do sympathise.
Thermal vest?

jusdepamplemousse Sun 17-Jan-16 14:38:19

I had this until I was about 5 months pregnant - tear inducing type pain. It is deffo triggered by cold I think. I put breast pads inside my bra and kept warm as poss. When it got awful I put a hot water bottle on, nothing else for it really.

It passed! I hope yours does too. I took it as practice in endurance for bf'ing grin.

MetalMidget Sun 17-Jan-16 17:45:12

I'm nearly 13 weeks, and I've been having terrible pain in my left nipple if I'm out in the cold on top of the regular breast tenderness. I went for a bike ride yesterday and despite wearing several layers, leftie was screaming by the end of it. Not quite sure why the right one behaves itself, quite pleased that it does though. :/

scarednoob Sun 17-Jan-16 21:51:37

Yep, I got that! Enough to make me stop walking and double over, swearing. Doesn't last for long, you'll be glad to hear.

Anyone else singing the title to the kings of Leon tune?? My tits are on fiiiiire...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now