Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it now?

(5 Posts)
NotSpeaking Fri 15-Jan-16 21:16:36

Been having Braxton hicks on and off all day since 2pm and I feel a lot pressure in my bottom. Really felt baby was going to burst my waters with its movement. Am I in early labour? I'm confused.

Sairelou Fri 15-Jan-16 21:18:02

How far along are you? How long are the contractions lasting and to they continue even if you change activity?

Everythinggettingbigger Fri 15-Jan-16 21:34:33

My mum always said to me "if you have to ask if you are in labour then you aren't, when you are you will know"......it drove me crazy but she was right! All kinds of pains from 35 weeks where I kept asking myself "is this it" but when I actually had my first contraction it was more like, "this is it"

Sorry if that doesn't make sense but basically when it happens you won't question it!

ButterIsAngelSpunk Fri 15-Jan-16 21:44:43

Everything's mum is completely right. The first contraction I was a bit like, 'OK, that felt... different', the second I was like 'OK, a baby is imminent!'

Sairelou Fri 15-Jan-16 21:48:27

Oh yes, I was in false labour the week prior to my real labour. When I was in actual labour I was screaming at my husband "why the fuck did I think I was in labour last week???!!!!" grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now