Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

last weekend baby free

(6 Posts)
themumfairy Fri 15-Jan-16 20:26:36

Unless labour starts itself this weekend dd is due to be induced Monday.
Ds' aged 8 and 6 are staying with grandparents while we're at the hospital so would like to spend some time with them before baby arrives.
What did everyone do to enjoy their last few days baby free. Struggling to walk, backache and bad weather so most things are off limits.

bluewisteria Fri 15-Jan-16 20:51:43

Take them to the cinema? Have a lovely arty crafty day, reading with them/playing with undivided attention. Baking a cake to take to grandparents?

Then if you get adult evening- read a novel, eat a very adult meal out, sleep, have a VERY long bath in complete quiet!

Eminado Fri 15-Jan-16 20:57:00

Enjoy eating with both hands wink

Elfishpresley Sat 16-Jan-16 08:00:47

Cinema, lovely meal, nice relaxing walk with the dog (he is my first baby!) then a long bath.

Enjoy smile

Newlywed123 Sat 16-Jan-16 09:58:09

Hello, I may be the same too.. (different circumstances) I have my Cervical stitch removed on Monday! With my daughter I had her 5 days after removal. I could go over due, but treating this as my last weekend just incase!

I have a 20 month old daughter. We're currently having a lazy morning, after dinner we're going to go into our local town for a cafe treat, do a little shopping and then get our big messy mat, paints and 20metres of lining paper out! And if we have time do a spot of baking grin

Tomorrow morning we're going swimming and spending a couple of hours with my MIL (do it every Sunday) then going for a meal with my mum, stepdad and younger siblings smile

Newlywed123 Sat 16-Jan-16 10:00:28

I'm buying some little wooden crafts that my daughter can pain so I can give one to my mum and MIL to say thank you for everything they've done to help me during pregnancy/ Labour. Maybe you could do that? smile Nothing better than a home made gift

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now