Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice on back pain please?

(9 Posts)
nicolapompicola Fri 15-Jan-16 12:39:40

I'm currently 19+1 and I've been suffering horrible pain in my back and sometimes my hips for at least the last 6 weeks, I've been on the sick from work for the last 4 weeks, and got given codeine by my GP, however I hate taking it as it makes me feel so woozy and awful. Paracetamol doesn't help with the pain at all, and heat helps only occasionally. My GP doesn't seem overly bothered by the fact I'm in so much pain, and the midwife doesn't seem to be either. I can't get comfortable anywhere, and I'm just so fed up and miserable, I can't go on for another 19+ weeks like this sad.

seven201 Fri 15-Jan-16 13:24:28

What about going to see a chiropractor or osteopath?

Wolfiefan Fri 15-Jan-16 13:25:56

I would suggest physio. I had pelvis pain with my first and back pain with my second.

nicolapompicola Fri 15-Jan-16 13:31:00

I can't afford to go private for treatment, and my healthcare doesn't cover any maternity issues. I need to go back to my GP however, I feel like I'm just going to go and get fobbed off again.

Whatapavlova Fri 15-Jan-16 13:35:05

Where I am (Hampshire) you self refer to the obstetric physio, it's been a god send. Not just for physical treatment but for tips and suggestions to try and relieve the pain. You're surely better off treating the root cause than just the pain! Good luck! Pm me if you want me to dig out some of my leaflets with exercises etc. They do help!

Boosiehs Fri 15-Jan-16 13:35:56

Call the obst physio. It's very common and better to get help ASAP.

nicolapompicola Sat 16-Jan-16 18:51:06

I mentioned the pain to both my midwife and GP and neither of them mentioned anything about a physio, I just got given the tablets and told to rest.

Boosiehs Sat 16-Jan-16 19:48:52

Just refer yourself, or tell the midwife you want a referral.

I was told not to worry at first then ended up in agony and thy referred me at 28 weeks.

miamiaMo Sat 16-Jan-16 22:44:39

i was also suffering but only for a couple of weeks. My GP refused giving any meds, just was trying to relax and rest as much as possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now