Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Eating out

(8 Posts)
Thenadish Thu 14-Jan-16 22:13:29

I am really struggling with restaurant menus at the moment! I'm 17 weeks and a mix of pg picky and cautious which is making finding somewhere decent to go for my upcoming big birthday rather tricky.

London based, and seeking somewhere south east to south west/ central. My ideal is excellent British or French (smoked salmon to start, with delicious steak or beef or fish as a main...but I seem to be drawn to places with plenty of goats cheese, pate and oysters.

Where have other pregnant ladies gone for special or celebratory meals?

Ideas gratefully received x

WineSpider Thu 14-Jan-16 22:26:10

I don't find eating out restrictive really.

The only things I would actively avoid are pate and soft blue cheese / soft cheese with rind (although these are fine if cooked eg goats cheese on a pizza). Wouldn't eat liver anyway yuck.

People seem to think you can't have smoked salmon, prawns, scallops etc but you can. Ditto for peanuts.

I had a steak at home tonight which I did cook more than I would normally but it wasn't quite cardboard (which would have been a total waste!).

I do eat eggs with a runny yolk.

I am not a picky eater which makes things easier!

What things would you normally choose that is making you feel limited?

Thenadish Fri 15-Jan-16 06:58:28

I'm fine with smoked salmon, nuts, prawns etc... Most places we've look at have had starters of pate or runny duck egg (which I won't have runny out), goats cheese cold in a salad, gravadlax which I'm told is a no no...I'd love a steak but cannot stand it over cooked 😳 Cheeseboards tend to be out of the question as are chocolate fondants (raw egg)...maybe it's just what I like?!

celeryeater Fri 15-Jan-16 12:44:16

I know many people will disagree with me, and it's up to you what you eat but I would avoid the smoked salmon. I work at a food testing laboratory and it's common for it to contain Listeria.

scarednoob Fri 15-Jan-16 12:52:55

This is a great French place - I hate jazz and even I love it!

quecumbar.co.uk

Skylon on the south bank is nice:

www.skylon-restaurant.co.uk

If you would do Victoria, Kazan is amazing - monkfish and prawn kebabs, grilled lamb and chicken etc

scarednoob Fri 15-Jan-16 12:56:29

kazan-restaurant.com

If you wanted something a bit fancy,
there's a lovely chop house on butlers wharf if you like shad thames:

www.chophouse-restaurant.co.uk

and of course this place:

www.lepontdelatour.co.uk

kamillaw Fri 15-Jan-16 21:32:24

I can vouch for chop house and pont de la tour. Yummy.

Thenadish Fri 15-Jan-16 22:03:58

Awwww thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now