Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cramping pain - can't shake the worry

(7 Posts)
Showgirl109 Thu 14-Jan-16 13:16:41

I'm 11 weeks with my first baby, at 6 weeks I had some bleeding and cramping pain had an early scan and everything was fine and saw a heartbeat.
Yesterday I had some cramping pain that was more than uncomfortable, this has continued off and on for 24 hours now. I'm starting to get really worried that something is wrong. But I know it's normal to have some stretching pain? I just don't know if it's normal?

maybebabybee Thu 14-Jan-16 13:47:39

it's very normal OP, I had loads of pain in the first 13 weeks and a bit after too, it will just be stretching pain.

I wouldn't worry unless the pain gets very severe or you have bleeding.

Showgirl109 Thu 14-Jan-16 14:11:09

Thank you so much. It's so hard to know what's normal and what's not.

zippyswife Thu 14-Jan-16 14:14:48

I had lots of cramping in my first pregnancy until about 16 weeks. Everything was fine. It's just your body stretching. Try not to worry.

SomebodySedateMe Thu 14-Jan-16 14:42:02

Some cramping is normal at this stage. I had a very crampy first 20 weeks! But remember if you're in unbearable pain and have any bleeding that soaks a pad to call your midwife or doctor. They'd rather you check with them than worry.

Chloeisobelle21 Thu 14-Jan-16 21:00:23

I had some really uncomfortable cramps earlier on, so much they would wake me at night. I was worried too but was told it was just everything atretching to accommodate baby. I was told not to worry unless I was bleeding or in agony. I'm now nearly 25 weeks and it seems to have passed

mrsjskelton Fri 15-Jan-16 17:04:56

I was cramping quite badly at first (just your uterus expanding!) but do get it checked out if you're worried - it shouldn't be an unbearable pain

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now