Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Silver cross reflex - any good?

(7 Posts)
Heavenscent86 Thu 14-Jan-16 07:08:13

Hi I'm looking for a compact fold pushchair suitable for taking on holiday in a small car with luggage. I've seen this one and really like the look of it but does anyone have it? Wondering what it's actually like to use. Or any other recommendations? We have a maxi cost car seat so one that works with that may be useful but that's not an essential. TIA.

Nuttypops Thu 14-Jan-16 07:18:27

We have one, it is very easy to put up and down, DD looks comfy in it and it doesn't take up much room in the car. We only bought it when she was 9 months as a smaller pram though, and I still frequently use our bigger pram. Personally I don't think it is padded enough for the first 6 months of lying flat.

But I have just remembered you can get a newborn carrycot bit for it that we obviously didn't buy due to DD's age, so actually it that would be OK.

The storage underneath the pram is pretty small, and it overbalances very easily if you hang anything from the handles though, this is a major downside.

zannyminxoxox Thu 14-Jan-16 09:17:30

Im investing in this pushchair i haven't purchased it yet but will save us loads of room in our car. You can get the newborn attachment so its more padded for baby

Shantotto Thu 14-Jan-16 09:22:48

I have one and love how compact it is. Very handy for public transport. Use the newborn insert and it's very cosy!

It's also a very good price compared to the giant prams I see being pushed around!

Only downside is I didn't realise it didn't parent face when not using the newborn insert.

DS is 6 months and a bit big for it really but don't want him to forward face yet. Oh and you have to buy a rain cover to fit newborn mode separately.

Heavenscent86 Thu 14-Jan-16 11:21:36

Thanks everyone. It's definitely one I'll keep on my possibles list but as id definitely want the newborn insert that could make it quite expensive so I'll look around also and maybe I'll be lucky and it will come up on a really good offer.

zannyminxoxox Thu 14-Jan-16 19:40:22

Shantotto didn't realise had to get a different rain cover for newborn bit how much do they retail at. Thanks for saying though I wouldn't have known

Shantotto Thu 14-Jan-16 19:55:26

We were a bit confused when the one that comes with it doesn't fit! Then we realised it was separate.

A bit cheap of them really!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now