Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can't stop worrying about movement. 24 weeks.

(11 Posts)
Chloeisobelle21 Wed 13-Jan-16 08:53:00

I'm 24 weeks and my baby is all over the place with movement, I'll go to bed and I don't feel him much at all most nights and then the odd night he will kick loads. I'm feeling the odd flutter throughout the day at the moment, but sometimes when I sit down and poke him he doesn't always kick back. I'm so paranoid about him all the time. I know you're not suppose to count kicks yet but I'm just spending most days worried that he isn't okay in there because he hasn't kicked as much or I've felt more flutters than actual kicks for the whole day.

goodnightdarthvader1 Wed 13-Jan-16 09:12:18

You can ask them to listen to the heartbeat if worried!

maybebabybee Wed 13-Jan-16 09:14:05

I'm with you as I'm super anxious about movement too, but at 24 weeks you honestly don't need to worry...at that stage of gestation they won't really bother checking you out as baby is still small enough that they are able to hide. I used to go a couple of days without feeling mine move at that stage. Now even at 32 weeks he has some days he's a bit quieter than others.

Oh and mine never responds when poked btw, they don't always! I had a growth scan the other day so I know he's ok.

Try to relax. You really don't need to start monitoring movements until 28 weeks, and even then it is more about the pattern of movements than the amount.

sepa Wed 13-Jan-16 09:25:31

At24 weeks it's still very easy for the baby to move and hide so sometimes you won't feel anything.
If your concerned though then it's always worth calling your midwife. At this stage they will just have a listen to the heartbeat

Chloeisobelle21 Wed 13-Jan-16 09:29:31

Thanks all, that's reassured me a ton. Just wish he would move if I prodded him sometimes haha! Not sure if his back is to my stomach or what. When he does start giving me a good thump it's really uncomfortable. The past few days I've felt him really low down which is strange as thought he would have risen up more by now! I have my 25 week soon

frozensmoothie Wed 13-Jan-16 10:49:39

I'm 24 weeks too and movements are still erratic. Some days I'll feel her loads, other days not so much or the movements will feel much less strong. It is such a worry but as everyone says it's still early to have regular movements and there is still lots of space for them to hide! I often feel her really low down and other times much higher up, I reckon she's spinning around quite a lot so it sometimes in breech position when I can feel her low down and sometimes head down when I can feel her kick higher up near my belly button.

CityMole Wed 13-Jan-16 10:59:44

I'm also 24 weeks. I can detect a pattern of movement starting to emerge (I get a little of flutters in the morning, then he's quiet most of the day, bar the odd kick around 4, then there is NOTHING until 10pm- so I imagine he's zonked out sleeping- and then just as I think about settling down for the night around 10-ish, he puts on his tap shoes and does Riverdance. However, some nights he patently doesn't feel like dancing and likes to hide instead, and sometimes a couple of days can pass without me having felt a right good kick. I'm going to ask my midwife about it when I see her on Friday, but I'm not overly concerned given I'm only 24 weeks.)

The bottom line is, listen to your gut feeling- if it is telling you that something is out of sorts, then listen to it, and phone your midwife for peace of mind.

brookeberry Wed 13-Jan-16 11:19:45

I've been the same recently at 26 weeks, but I was told by my midwife that movement isn't very regular until 28wks. Also the little one will be sleeping most of the time! Unfortunately it seems normal to worry sometimes. Get reassurance from your midwife if it ever really stresses you - a listen to the heartbeat does wonders smile

Chloeisobelle21 Thu 14-Jan-16 20:57:54

Thanks all. Since posting this he has had 2 really active days! Really kicks and I can see my whole belly jerking!

emmac3616 Thu 14-Jan-16 21:41:04

I've been feeling the same since 24wks... Saw MW today and she checked my scan and said I actually have an anterior placenta (no one else mentioned it) which means you do feel less... So I'm less worried now (28wks) but I have been really anxious...

zannyminxoxox Sun 17-Jan-16 11:56:57

My baby is the same some days he is really active and others not so active Im 29 weeks. I just think its the position they are in

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now