Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

UTIs help

(8 Posts)
Helphelp92 Sun 10-Jan-16 18:01:40

Hi all just looking for some infomaition I went my midwife new years eve cause I was having pains in my right side, she tested my urine came back That I had utis and protein in my wee, she sent off for testing at my doctors called my doctors for the results and they said I have to be re tested, I haven't had the time to go due to work but now the pains getting worse and I feel like I need the toilet 24/7 with presure on my lower belly I am 24 weeks pregnant now I'm going to go the doctors straight thing in the morning but just wondering is this bad will it affect my baby?

iMatter Sun 10-Jan-16 18:07:50

You need to chase this up asap.

I had a uti when I was 34 weeks pg with ds2. I ignored it and it irritated my womb lining, I haemorrhaged and ended up having him 12 hours later.

I don't mean to scare you but a uti in pregnancy can be serious.

Please get it seen as soon as you can.

Helphelp92 Sun 10-Jan-16 19:08:03

Yeah I've been getting back pain all afternoon as well,I'm going to ring at 8 in the morning!!!! Everytime I ring they never have appointments xx

Newlywed123 Sun 10-Jan-16 19:15:19

I'd personally call triage now, they can cause early labour and at 24 weeks you definitely don't want that. Please call now and be seen too

PeppaPigStinks Sun 10-Jan-16 19:35:34

I second calling them now. You need to be seen. Hope you start to feel better soon

iMatter Sun 10-Jan-16 19:43:13

If you're getting back pain then yes, call this evening.

Good luck op. Let us know how you get on.

KnitsBakesAndReads Sun 10-Jan-16 19:48:32

I've had a UTI recently and I was told by my GP that I needed to go back to see them immediately if I got lower back pain. Apparently that can be a sign that the infection has spread to your kidneys which might require different treatment. I agree with everyone who's suggested calling this evening. Hope you manage to see a doctor ASAP and you're feeling better soon.

Helphelp92 Mon 11-Jan-16 19:52:21

I've been tested my urine all clear she says its probably due to the stage in on thanks all for your feed back xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now