Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Brown stringy discharge at 4weeks?

(13 Posts)
Hansolosyoyo Sat 09-Jan-16 23:56:33

I'm about 4/5weeks with my second pregnancy and I've started very light brown spotting with some dark brown strings - very thin but it's not filling a pad, I only see it when I wipe. There's only very mild to no cramping. Needless to say I'm terrified. I'm 40 and realise stats are not in my favour. I'm told there's nothing anyone can do for me this early but I'm getting so anxious to know either way whether it's just spotting or whether it's a mc.

I had implantation spotting a fortnight ago could it be more implantation? Really clutching at straws here for a positive outlook.

fusspot66 Sun 10-Jan-16 00:05:57

Only time will tell but no cramping is good. I had great gushes of fresh blood at 9 weeks aged 43. He's snoring away beside me now. A 5 y o pest who slips into my bed most nights.

Hansolosyoyo Sun 10-Jan-16 00:12:02

That's good to hear fusspot. I'm really struggling with how alone I feel as my mum and partner have both just said wait and see. It's so easy for them, it's not their body.

Jenjen85 Sun 10-Jan-16 09:13:29

I have experienced the same thing in my second pregnancy too. I'm around 5/6wks now and it's just stopping. I did have the coil in when I got pregnant so that was removed and my spotting got worse. I had a scan last week and was convinced it would be bad news but things were looking good and growing. I was told that Brown is old blood if it turns red and soaks a pad then to contact the hospital

PissPotPourri Sun 10-Jan-16 09:15:50

I've had this with two out of three pregnancies. It continued off and on for a few weeks but I was told it was nothing to worry about. And they were right. Just old blood and cells clearing out I think.

Finola1step Sun 10-Jan-16 09:18:14

I had the same with ds at 7 weeks. I remember telling dh not to get his hopes up. It cleared up after a few days. DS is now nearly 8. Fingers crossed for you.

Snarklepoo Sun 10-Jan-16 09:22:36

I had this. Went on for four weeks and sadly didn't end well. May be worth getting bloods done to check your hcg and progesterone are rising properly? I wish I'd been more persistent with Docs and midwife. (I never once had any nausea which makes me wonder if progesterone was low hence dragging on so long)

Will be thinking of you.

Hansolosyoyo Sun 10-Jan-16 11:06:26

Thanks all. I'm going in to a&e to find out what's happening.

Mouthfulofquiz Sun 10-Jan-16 11:13:58

So sorry you are going through this. Im not sure what A &E can do for you - they will possibly tell you to contact your EPU in the morning. Might be worth calling ahead first to ask.

Hansolosyoyo Mon 11-Jan-16 11:00:06

A&e were great! They tested my bloods for me and my urine detected a silent uti. That is what they could do for me. The baby is dead tho.

Mouthfulofquiz Mon 11-Jan-16 11:13:38

I'm so sorry to hear that. flowers
Hope you are doing okay.

Snarklepoo Mon 11-Jan-16 12:27:56

So sorry, Hans...
Be kind to yourselfbrewcakeflowers

Finola1step Mon 11-Jan-16 13:45:40

Really sorry flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now