Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Braxton hicks

(7 Posts)
Chelsey24 Sat 09-Jan-16 16:57:32

Hello,

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and BH started for me about two weeks ago. They started off happening maybe three times a day but the last three days or so it's been pretty much the majority of the time! My belly is constantly rock hard at the moment and so uncomfortable but I know I can't be in labour or anything as I haven't had a show and am not in pain as such, just discomfort.

Has anyone else experienced BH this frequently with very little time in between for your tummy to relax? Do you think it's anything to be concerned about?

Thanks xx

IndomitabIe Sat 09-Jan-16 17:04:59

In my first pregnancy I had BHs from 20 weeks, and they eventually would start at midday and come every 5 minutes till about 8pm.

They were worse when I was dehydrated and would ease off if I sat down to rest.

Have you tried rest & keeping hydrated?

Do speak to your mw if you're worried.

bluewisteria Sat 09-Jan-16 17:07:12

It's worth getting checked out, on the small chance it is leading up to premature labour you will need steroids.

Also many women don't get a show, so it's a red herring.

Go and get checked out.

Iammad Sat 09-Jan-16 17:41:20

This is baby number 6 and I have only had a show once.
As the bh are quite frequent I would get checked just to be safe.

Chelsey24 Sat 09-Jan-16 22:17:57

Thanks ladies, I'll have a chat with my midwife.

It definitely does seem to be worse when I'm on the move so maybe I'm overdoing things. I'll have a chat with my midwife and see what she thinks.

Thanks for your replies x

jellypi3 Sun 10-Jan-16 09:23:21

i've found doing things makes my BH's worse. Although last night I was just slouching on the sofa, drinking a pint of water and getting them every 8-10 mins. Sadly no labour for me though (i'm 37+4).

Chelsey24 Sun 10-Jan-16 10:01:31

Yeah I think you're right, it definitely increases them. I finish work in two weeks for my maternity so hopefully they will settle down then, so uncomfortable! Good luck with everything smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now