Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

You know the increased sense of smell?

(7 Posts)
BrienneofQarth Sat 09-Jan-16 09:55:25

I seem to be applying it to myself - I'm convinced I smell! Realistically I know I can't as I wash every day & change clothes every day but still worry that I am giving off an unpleasant whiff!

Anyone else? Am 37 weeks tomorrow if that makes a difference!

sizethree Sat 09-Jan-16 10:18:34

He'll yeah, like a bloodhound.
I think it's a maternal instinct hormone thing that heights your sense of smell to stay away from off meat etc, to protect yourself and your baby.
Everything stank. I severely fell out with DH as he cooked an M&S seafood meal one night and the stench was horrific!

socktastic Sat 09-Jan-16 11:17:38

I'm only 15 weeks and right now I can tell, from the living room, that DH is tucking into a pack of pickled onion monster munch in the kitchen. Then he'll come through looking for a kiss knowing how disgusting I find the smell!

SpecialStains Sat 09-Jan-16 11:49:28

7weeks 3days here and I can smell everything. I currently hate the smell of my dh (a perfectly clean individual) and the general smell of my house (again, very clean, tidy) and the smell of all hot food. I hate pregnancy nose!

ALongTimeComing Sat 09-Jan-16 11:55:31

Yep the smell of myself made me sick. I had HG. Going to the loo was particularly difficult.

Elfishpresley Sat 09-Jan-16 12:23:55

I cooked salmon on Thursday night. I can still smell it everywhere. I threw up yesterday and today and it's all I can taste and smell. I've just finished bleaching everywhere to get rid of the smell and I threw the pan I cooked it in out!

mamapoppins23 Sat 09-Jan-16 14:07:49

My best friend who is with me the majority of the time, apart from when I'm with DP and family. His breath stinks lol before I was pregnant I never had this with him. its horrible when he kisses me on the cheek or cuddles me lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now