Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

is anyone else constantly so thirsty all the time?

(17 Posts)
mayaknew Fri 08-Jan-16 21:05:02

I am constantly drinking water or eating ice cubes. I know the ice makes.me.feel sick after but I can't help it blush

Anyone else have this weird thirst?

0phelia Fri 08-Jan-16 21:10:05

Yes, I did.
Drank and peed constantly.

0phelia Fri 08-Jan-16 21:11:24

I drove DH mad with ice crunching too. He can't stand the sound!

Imstickingwiththisone Fri 08-Jan-16 21:13:12

I had this but nothing could quench it! All my cravings were for particular drinks as well and I'd feel like I was literally dehydrated until I'd had it.

madsaz76 Fri 08-Jan-16 21:22:29

to support pregnancy you need a bigger circulation. you retain salt and water - to help with this you get some thirst just to get there.

your cardiac output goes up by about 40%so your kidneys are filtering on overtime

so you pee more and feel more thirst

you wake 5 times at night to pee and then instantly need to drink more as you leave the bathroom

its a special form of torture to prepare you for sleeplessness smile

JustWantToBeDorisAgain Fri 08-Jan-16 21:23:13

Have you had your blood sugar checked yet? Have a chat with the midwife there is a risk of gestational diabetes ( thirst can be a symptom )

Fingers crossed it's not that but it's always worth raising it as an issue.

mayaknew Fri 08-Jan-16 21:56:39

Had a gtt about 10 weeks ago because ds was a big boy grin came back normal.

It's so frustrating it is like the ultimate unquenchable thirst.

I'm going to end up cracking a tooth on the iceblush

WiIdfire Fri 08-Jan-16 22:03:05

I drank absolutely bucket loads!

CookieKatie Fri 08-Jan-16 22:20:01

YEEESSSSS! !! I am so so thirsty all the time! I also crunch ice cubes and eat Mr freeze too.

So glad I'm not the only one!! grin

JellyBabiesSaveLives Fri 08-Jan-16 22:24:18

Worth checking again. You could have developed GD in the last ten weeks.

Me624 Fri 08-Jan-16 22:26:49

I am 32 weeks and constantly thirsty at the moment. No signs of GD so just putting it down to all the extra fluid! I think I must be getting through at least 3 litres of water a day, probably more, plus a few cups of tea as well.

mayaknew Fri 08-Jan-16 22:54:23

I'm drinking roughly 2 pints during the night. God knows what I'm drinking during the day .

My parents have an ice dispenser in their freezer. The ice comes out a weird shape, a bit like a half moon crescent shape. It is the perfect shape for crunchinggrin

Nousername2015 Fri 08-Jan-16 23:13:54

I'm not too bad in the day but in the evening and at night I can't stop drinking. I take a 1.5l bottle of water to bed with me and drink most of it every night. My mw and consultant have both said I don't have gd (I'm unconvinced - never been tested). Now 38+3 so gtt wouldn't work at this stage anyway.

goodnightdarthvader1 Fri 08-Jan-16 23:26:15

I'm not, until bedtime, then I could drink a bucketful, and end up getting up to wee all night. Stupid...

somersetsinger Sat 09-Jan-16 00:03:01

For me, fizzy water seems to sate the thirst when tap water just doesn't. I keep a few bottles in the fridge for those moments.

Dunno if it will work for any one else, but it's worth a try.

mascaraisamust Sat 09-Jan-16 09:13:02

Me, on a night I literally dream of water. I drink a pint of water during the night. It's a nighttime issue! I wake up and my mouth is so dry.

CookieKatie Wed 20-Jan-16 13:21:06

Glad I'm not the only one!

Ice cubes seem to be the best at soothing thirstiness!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now