Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help!!!

(8 Posts)
Claremcg78 Thu 07-Jan-16 14:56:31

I am a week late and have tested positive this morning which is great. I'm worried tho as my partner and I went out for New Year's Eve his mum babysat. I had quite a bit to drink im now worried as unknown to me at the time I was already pregnant by a few days should I discuss this with a doctor. I never had this issue with my other 2 children as I very rarely drink so I've been worrying all day. Thanks in advance for any help/advice xxx

Iwonderif Thu 07-Jan-16 15:04:34

Didn't want to read & run.

My DS who is 5 would have been conceived during a very memorable holiday in Spain. wink Lots of booze consumed before and after! Not literally after he was conceived I add!

I then went to a wedding 1 week after returning and again had a whale of a time. Didn't know I was pregnant. All was fine with pregnancy and my son was as right as ninepence but totally understand your worry.

I'm sure lots of replies to you will say pretty much the same. Congratulations btw. Should have written that first! flowers

SnackPlease Thu 07-Jan-16 15:23:15

It's very, very early days. You and your baby will be just fine - the booze won't have done any damage at this stage.

Congratulations.

NHKX2 Thu 07-Jan-16 15:27:01

Similar to the above response, I got a positive test the day after a BBQ booze-fest. I didn't get crazy drunk, but certainly drank freely (wine and beer) all day long. I was worried as well, but my GP said it's a common scenario an would be extremely rare for it to have any impact.

Congrats!

Mslg Thu 07-Jan-16 15:30:51

It's fine. The placenta hasn't formed at this early stage and the nourishment is provided by a yolk sac until it is formed. I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Claremcg78 Thu 07-Jan-16 16:46:19

Thank you all so much I was terrified I may have harmed the baby. You've all put my mind at rest. 💖🤗

CityMole Thu 07-Jan-16 16:57:20

Your baby will be fine, please don't worry.

tinyme135 Thu 07-Jan-16 18:55:21

I went away on a boozy holiday while I was pregnant (didn't know I was though) came back and went crazy on roller coasters and had no problems during pregnancy and got 3 days till due date. try not to worry hun it'll all be fine smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now