Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

tell me the weirdest hormonal thing you've done.

(27 Posts)
Flossiesmummy Wed 06-Jan-16 16:13:46

Yesterday I cried at Topsy and Tim. And the day before that. You see, Topsy is in hospital and that makes me sad.

*Crazy pregnant lady coming through
Tell me I'm not the only one!

Mermaid36 Wed 06-Jan-16 16:40:01

I had a breakdown yesterday in a shop about some curtains we were supposed to be buying. They didn't have the right size in stock, and I broke down and cried and had to go and sit in the car for 10 minutes

DH didn't know what to do with me!

TheGreaterGood Wed 06-Jan-16 16:48:10

I cried while interviewing someone this morning. We'd asked her to do a presentation about herself and she spoke about how her Mum was her role model and how she wanted to do the same for her daughter. Sobbing. Oh christ I'm off again just thinking about it. Bet she's looking forward to having me as her boss!

Snoopysimaginaryfriend Wed 06-Jan-16 16:57:50

I cried at the Amazon advert with the little horse, he doesn't have any friends sad

Whatwillbexo Wed 06-Jan-16 16:59:43

I had a melt down the other day when my toast fell on the floor BUTTER SIDE DOWN- as you can imagine this was very traumatic

Kraggle Wed 06-Jan-16 17:00:03

I had the legally blonde stage musical music on cd in my car. The finale song was on on my way to work. I arrived a sobbing mess.

Still can't listen to it now without welling up!

Iwonderif Wed 06-Jan-16 17:00:37

Before I've even done my pg tests I cry at adverts....! A few years ago there was a Morrisons one at Christmas, sat there sobbing....even after advert had finished.

DH looked at me & was thinking what I was thinking. We were right!

crumblybiscuits Wed 06-Jan-16 17:05:01

DP (very reasonably) said he was too tired for sex last night as he has started a new job this week as we had sex the night before. Cue 2 hours of sobbing about how we never have sex anymore and our relationship is doomed.

SpaggyBollocks Wed 06-Jan-16 17:09:13

I smashed my iphone to bits in a fit of pique.

don't even remember why...

chaosagain Wed 06-Jan-16 18:53:35

I was getting on a busy bus in rush hour in central London on a tube strike day. Everyone was jostling to get on. I stood there weeping that people can't be kinder to each other in the world...

Flossiesmummy Wed 06-Jan-16 19:07:41

Haha at least I'm not the only one! Lolzah at the curtains meltdown - that's totally something I'd be bothered about at the moment grin

Heavenscent86 Wed 06-Jan-16 19:23:07

I cried because my jacket potatoes weren't cooking quickly enough and also because I couldn't undo a button on my jeans that I didn't even need to undo to take them off!

spacefrog35 Wed 06-Jan-16 19:53:44

There's a video of a rancoon whose candy floss melts in a puddle doing the rounds on social media. DH sent it to me at work because it was cute- bawling mess in the middle of the office because the poor raccoon looked so confused and sad blush

Shirkingfromhome Wed 06-Jan-16 19:59:33

I cried when Jess Glynn sang on strictly. Even I was a bit hmm when I realised! I also cry at the music from In the Night Garden. Not too bad when your at home but you look bat-shit crazy when it's at a live performance.

Had a similar experience on the tram Chaos followed by a long think of 'is this really the kind of world I want my child to be in'.

Spock27 Wed 06-Jan-16 20:06:53

spacefrog I did the same at that racoon video, it's the way he's still searching for it at the end that got me! I just cried for about 20 minutes for getting something wrong on Pointless, even though I never usually get answers right. A while ago I was crying at a film but then my dh made me laugh, then I started crying because I wasn't sure if I was happy or sad hmm

dilbert19912 Wed 06-Jan-16 20:11:32

When pg with dd2 i accidently kicked the hoover abd shouted at it "You're a fucking dickhead, do you know that?!" and burst into tears.

toohardtothinkofaname Wed 06-Jan-16 20:14:25

I was looking forward to some emotional release when pregnant but alas, I've not cried or felt sad once confused

PollyPocket100 Wed 06-Jan-16 20:15:51

I'm currently 21 weeks pregnant, am not only hormonal but having great difficultly sleeping which has lead to some interesting behaviour on my part!

A few nights ago in the early hours I heard a baby crying. I convinced myself the noise was coming from inside the house. Searched everywhere for them.

In the end I woke my DP up to tell him there was a baby crying in the house somewhere but I couldn't find them so could he please help me look.

DP explained it was our next door neighbours baby crying.

RubyWoooo Wed 06-Jan-16 20:22:43

Bought a house. blush

Missingcaffeine Wed 06-Jan-16 20:23:13

In my last pregnancy I was the team lead in a busy professional job and nothing ever phased me. I was always calm no matter how many problems came my way. Well one day, I was feeling particularly crap, and someone tried to ask me a question whilst I was already on the phone. This was something that happened repeatedly every day. Well this time, I absolutely lost it and was properly screaming at them in front of a huge room of people about manners and learning to wait 5 minutes! The room fell silent. I couldn't believe my reaction as it was so out of character. I left the room and went into the cold without my belongings just desperate to go home but I couldn't go home without my (rather terrifying) boss taking over. I called my boss from my mobile but was crying so hard I couldn't even speak. She just kept asking me where I was, found me, took one look at me, gave me a hug and sent me home.

29redshoes Wed 06-Jan-16 21:05:58

I'm another one who cries in rush hour when there are a lot of people struggling to get on the train/bus.

celeryeater Wed 06-Jan-16 21:23:48

I was at work when my boss came to tell me about a minor mistake I'd made a few days previous and can i remember not to do that again - cue me crying uncontrollably for about 3 hours! I literally couldn't stop.. We were really busy so I just had to carry on walking from room to room telling people not to worry i just can't stop crying! Think I worried my boss and he kept coming to see if I was OK but every time he did i just burst into tears again. SO embarrassing!! So not like me!

KeyboardMum Wed 06-Jan-16 22:04:05

I made a perfect fried egg this morning. It was golden-brown underneath and the yolk was a deep yellowy-orange and dippy. It looked amazing. But then I had to puncture it and flip it sunny side up because it was from my friends hens. When I finally spooned it onto my plate, it was a solid, bright yellow-white monstrosity and slightly burned. I literally bawled whilst eating it.

Flossiesmummy Wed 06-Jan-16 22:07:17

I feel your pain re fully cooked eggs - missing them a ridiculous amount during this pregnancy.

I just want a nice soft poached egg on a buttery toast.

MouldyPeach Wed 06-Jan-16 22:12:40

I've developed a wheat sensitivity in this pregnancy and regularly cry in the bakery section of sainsburys sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now