Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

overnight /just in case bag

(3 Posts)
Autumn2014 Tue 05-Jan-16 16:40:37

I'm putting together a grab bag that I can keep ready for any admissions. I've previously had a premature baby and being monitored for another high risk pregnancy. I don't need a labour and delivery bag in the sense that I don't need baby clothes etc because if my baby was born now it would go straight to nicu
Last time I was admitted I had to scrabble to get things together and the labour bag was pretty useless and only served to remind me that I hadn't had a normal full term outcome and so I'm going to do a separate bag for the baby.
I'm going to pack basics for an overnight stay in case I'm admitted from the dau and then I can get my husband to bring in extra stuff as needed. So apart from toiletries and nightwear what else would you put in?

DowntonDiva Tue 05-Jan-16 16:46:54

Maternity Notes?

For you - my essentials when I went in to hospital suddenly (non pregnancy related)
Spare glasses/contact lenses/phone charger (if you have them)
Hair band
Lip balm
A pen

Runningupthathill82 Tue 05-Jan-16 17:07:15

I had an emergency admission and wished I'd had time to grab a few things - as it was, DH arrived at the hospital to meet me, bearing an overnight bag that contained two bras, no knickers, a pair of slippers and not much else!

I would say, aside from toiletries and pyjamas:
Hairbrush and bobble
Warm socks
Spare t shirt
Phone charger
Snack

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now