Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

blood when I wipe my nose-normal or aspirin related?

(8 Posts)
Autumn2014 Tue 05-Jan-16 09:57:22

I'm getting fresh red spots of blood when I wiped my nose this morning. Is this a normal pregnancy hormones thing? I'm also on baby aspirin so didn't know if it's related to this?

dizzylemon Tue 05-Jan-16 10:34:05

I had spontaneous nosebleeds earlier in my pregnancy (27 weeks now, happened around the 18 week mark) - not gushes but I'd suddenly feel my nose was damp and got a blooded hand/tissue. Stopped fairly fast. Usually happened when I was too hot.

I gather it's quite a normal in pregnancy due to increase in circulating fluids and hormones increasing capillary sized

goodnightdarthvader1 Tue 05-Jan-16 11:08:13

It's pregnancy-related. I know someone who had constant nosebleeds.

Iammad Tue 05-Jan-16 11:13:07

I had nosebleeds a lot in two of my pregnancys, the aspirin might not be helping them though.

Littleelffriend Tue 05-Jan-16 13:27:22

I'm getting constant nose bleeds at 19 weeks

Autumn2014 Tue 05-Jan-16 15:37:43

Thanks everyone. I'll keep taking the aspirin and try not to worry. Sorry to those who are having full on nose bleeds

outputgap Tue 05-Jan-16 19:24:18

Hi, I'm on aspirin and clexane and at the beginnings of my pregnancies I have lots of bloody noses, bloody ears (!) and bruise like a peach throughout.

29redshoes Tue 05-Jan-16 22:06:39

I'm at 22 weeks and get nosebleeds most days at the moment, I think it's a common symptom!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now